Yota Lowering \  pie cut vs drop spindals

pie cut vs drop spindals

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 788
replies 5
following 4

tommy b   +1y
Hi.
i have a frame im building for a 4runner and are in two minds on weather on not to buy drop spindals it or pie cut the arms.
i have spindals on my 82 and the neg camber is minimul, with a pie cut set up is the neg camber excessive when driving 4-5inches off the ground?

pie cutting is cheaper.......but not if i need to get new tyres ever other week

thanks
2manyyotas   +1y
i have a buddy that went the cheap route and had to find a smaller diameter brake booster because of the camber issues. so keep that in mind
mulisharider11x   +1y
when i ran 16"s i extended the balljoint mout about 3/4" outward and it solved all toe problems... i got barly any positive camber at full lift and a lil negative camber only when i layed it out... but i never had to replace or rotate the tires due to camber issues just regular abuse... but now that i rebagged it for 18"s i left the lenghened a arms and also pie cut them to keep the balljoint from maxing out. my truck didnt lay out untill i pie cut them... im running a 215/35-18 and a 205/35-16 back in the day
tommy b   +1y
thanks for the replies. booster issue shouldnt be too much of a problem as the smaller yota boosters are reasonable easy to find around here.

one more question, if i bag it with pie cut arms and then down the road the camber is too much for me if i add drop spindals it will need to be rebagged yes?

because the drop spindal will change the angle of the lower arm to more level and loose me a lot of lift?
dumpd   +1y
yes you will have to re bag if you change to spindals pretty much. To be honest I would pay the money and get drop spindals it makes life so much easier...you run into so many issues with out them I find...also I am not sure if you are getting this to lay flat or not but you can lay tranny x member without pie cutting your arms.
2manyyotas   +1y
just my 2 cents but yotas with excessive camber looks very odd
Page 1 of 1