Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  not really suspenion..but wheel

not really suspenion..but wheel

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 452
replies 3
following 3

nismorgan   +1y
I have a strange noise that just started happening. the drivers side front wheel is making a strang noise everytime the wheel turns one revolution. it sounds like a grinding/ creaking noise. but heres the weird thing, it gets louder when its wet out...and gets quieter when its dry. also when i turn the wheel to the left, it stops, but not when i turn right. so i jacked the car up. when i lifted the front up and spun the wheel, no noise, so i figured it might be when the suspension is under load, so i put another jack under the control arm and lifted that...when i spun the wheel...still nothing. I did a brief check behind the wheel, couldnt find anything broken, took the wheel off to theck if it was the brakes...didnt hear anything similar there. lastly checked the wheel bearing, both inner and outer and seals are just fine. im really confused...REALLY confused. any help is greatly appreciated
sd yota   +1y
you kinda checked everything i could think of....... brake pads looked good? indicators will squak once they get thin...... wheel bearings ok? did you slip some grease over the seal when you pout em back in? did you check the tension on them?

if something was rubbing you'd notice a rub mark so keep an eye out, beyond those essentials i have no clue what it could be.........
slammedtoys   +1y
have you changed your wheel size or offset any time prior to this noise? When i put my 17s on they made this noise because the the wheel had a flat spot in it and rub rubbing
nismorgan   +1y
The brake pads have plenty of meat to em, and i have stock wheels on it, and no different size tyre. and yes i took the bearings and seals out to check them, repacked the bearings and greased the seals. The noise dosnt sound too bad, but its rediculously anoying. Im on the verge of ripping apart the whole drivers side front end apart, or taking it to a shop, neither i really wanna do
Page 1 of 1