Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  drop spindle dimension help

drop spindle dimension help

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 987
replies 12
following 3

stellar   +1y
Can anybody please give me an accurate measurement of the distance from the centre of the stub down to the bottom of the flat surface where the lower balljoint fits into?

Looking for the measurement quoted from a belltech spindle rather than chassistech. Yes I understand they are probably (should be) exactly the same, just want to be sure.

Thanks.
twisted minis   +1y
Stub?
stellar   +1y
Sorry man, the centre of the 'stub axle' part where the wheel bearings fit on. Didn't know what to call it.

Basically trying to get an idea of how far off the ground the bottom where the lower balljoint fits in will be.

Thanks Seth.
twisted minis   +1y
Thats technically the spindle. The rest is a knuckle. But technical terms aren't so well known. I just wasn't sure what the stud was.

I have some new drop spindles sitting here, I will measure them when I get a minute.
stellar   +1y
Thanks heaps Seth.

That makes sense, spindle. I've just heard them referred to here at an Australian rod shop as lo-ride stubs, and stub axles.

Hey have you got your hands on that 521 yet? I've got a mate here in Aus with a 620 that's BD'd 3-3/4" on a 720 chassis and what not so I check out NissanCustoms aswell. Heard you were doin a 521 this week. They're def my favourite Datsun truck. Can't wait to see it. 720 turned out well too.

Anyway thanks man.
twisted minis   +1y
I measured my Belltechs here and got 3 15/16".

I didn't realize you where in Australia. Our terms seem to differ vastly.

I did get the 521 here. Its sitting in my driveway, waiting to be torn apart. I'm just catching up on orders that I fell behind on during the last week I had the 720. I had a lot more stuff than I realized.
stellar   +1y
Sweet, thanks Seth.

Can't wait to see the 521! Post it up on your forum so I can join up there and check it out. Good luck filling those orders too man, you must be a busy character.

Thanks,
Keegan
twisted minis   +1y
No problem.

I have some pictures of it on my forum. I'm not going to post non Toyota projects here any more.
kdcgrohl   +1y

...and we hate you for it.
twisted minis   +1y
Well, it seemed like people took issue with me posting non Toyota projects before.