Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  question on link measurements

question on link measurements

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 623
replies 8
following 4

sd yota   +1y
how do you guys measure for your links? gonna do 2 reverse square bars with an upper wishbone. do you just pick a mounting point on the frame where you want the bars to start and measure to the point on the axle where you will mount the other tabs? or is there a bit more science to it?

i guess, more exactly what im trying to ask is how do i measure my truck for my links? do i need to have it notched and sit the axle where i want it to ride before i measure? or can i measure for links as the truck currently sits?? or do i take measurements, notch the truck, then mount them accordingly???
twisted minis   +1y
I map the back half out on my steel table. Draw everything to scale, and figure out how long the links could be, and what kind of spread I want on the axle and also the frame, and where I want the IC. Then I cycle the suspension and observe it. If I like what I see, I build it.
sd yota   +1y
cool...... well, what would you suggest for me since i dont really have a steel table, frame jig, etc??

i figured i could go off of someone elses similar setup if anything else.......
kdcgrohl   +1y
you could draw it on the floor with chalk if you had to.
sd yota   +1y
what i need is someone thats done this before to visually show me in front of me what they did.... or how they did it....

i think i can wing it along (to a point)....... its not like i havent done it before. i can get measurements off a similar truck and have them made, then mount them to the specs provided i beleive. just didnt know if everyone had their own way of doing it or if there was a "must follow" method.
hotlavaxb2089   +1y
its mini truckin. usually most just figure it out by trial and error.
twisted minis   +1y
I told you my way of doing it. There are other ways too, but essentially the same as mine without a table. You measure the space you have to work with, figure out how much space a cross member and a tab will take, then measure from the bolt hole on that tab to the center of the axle, and that is your link length.
sd yota   +1y

oooooh, ok..... yea, thats what i figured was necessary to do, just wasnt sure with what you mentioned..... it sounded like i was in over my head building one without a preassembly table of some sort.

i really do appreciate the help....... i want to do it right and hopefully right the first time. im sorry if i ask you guys previously answered questions. i just gotta ask in my formed question to get the desired answer i can understand.
twisted minis   +1y
Yeah you don't need a table, I just like doing it that way because I can visualize it better.
Page 1 of 1