Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  lower

lower

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 600
replies 9
following 4

lilheed   +1y
hey wats up. i got a 90 yota pu with 3in drop arms in the front and 4in blocks in the back. i was thinkn about buyin the 2in drop spindles from airbagit.com and just removing the bottom leaf from the leaf springs. if i did so would i have to cut anything out for the driveshaft or cut out any of the inner wheel wells. cause i am runnin 18's on it?
smctoy   +1y
Youll most likely have to cut some the inner fender wells out because they will hit when turn & when your doing everyday driving. As for the rear I had to trim out the center crossmember-(the one that runs over the drive shaft) on my 88 model truck when I went real low with it. Its located under the cab near the rear of it & the driveshaft will rub on it like a bitch!!
sd yota   +1y
im having serious rub issues up front and looks like the pinch weld where the body holds in the cab and inner fender will need to be trimmed. im at 3 1/2 inches of drop.

also, watch out to see if your wheels clear the lower a-arm because i dug a small groove into my wheel from it hitting on turns and compressed. definately trim the cross member that smctoy mentioned. im at a 3' drop in the rear with the bump stops removed and my driveshaft has already hit on some hard bottoming.
skip   +1y
make sure you have enough room to clear your rim. because if you have a high offset rim when your riase it up more it might come in contact with your lower arm. like what was stated above
lilheed   +1y
thanks guys
lilheed   +1y
i was lookin at my truck today and in the back it dont look like i have much room between my axle and my frame. it was hittin the bump stops before and i cut about half of them off. there r 4in blocks on there now. if i took the middle spring out of the pack and took my bump stop off do u think i would hit the axle?
smctoy   +1y
It will most likely bottom out-frame on the axle. Its a common problem when you want to be lower lol. If your not planning to bag or jiuce it anytime
soon then I would get a small c-notch & install it. Ive got one on my truck & makes the rear sit lower & ride so much better!!
lilheed   +1y
im baggin it this spring when it gets warmer. i got a big notch but i wasnt tryin to put a huge notch on for another 2 inches. i think i will jus live with it for another couple months. plus i live in pittsburgh and the pot holes kill me enough already.
smctoy   +1y
Yea...Id wait then too. Before you know it the weather will be warmer & youll
be baggin your truck. The roads here in SC suck too, but I can only image what they are like up there.
lilheed   +1y
ya cuz we got a decent amount of snow and the salt just eats the road up
Page 1 of 1