Page 1 of 7
Yota Lowering \  more drop!

more drop!

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 3423
replies 62
following 14

sd yota   +1y
so i have done spindles and a bj flip..... and also 3" drop leafs for the rear. what other options do i have to go lower on my 86? front and back?
3tcrob   +1y
are you sitting on the bump stops in the front? if you are trim them and you could crank on your torsin bars some also you could put som blocks with the leafs but you will have to trim the cab support cause your drive shaft will rub
sd yota   +1y
nah...... actually i still have pleanty of travel up front. thing is id like to drop it without it cranking the torsions and making it ride bad.....

i forgot where i seen it but i think ive seen lower drop arms??? im still new to the lowered scene so i dont know where to look for things. if the front has another option id like to see what else is available for the rear......... the blocks made the truck ride like ass so id like to try and stay away from that option....
diabolic kustoms   +1y
a little cranking on the bars shouldn't hurt the ride that bad and will make it handle a little better.
lowyota95   +1y
MY BARS ARE CRANKED AND I HAVE 4'' ANGLED BLOCKS AND TOOK A LEAF OUT OF THE REAR. OTHER THAN RUBBING WHEN I HIT A BUMP BECAUSE I HAVENT TAKEN OUT THE INNER FENDERS YET IT RIDES PRETTY DAMN GOOD, TAKE A CHANCE MAN TURN THEM BARS SEE IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, YOU CAN ALLWAYS TURN THEM BACK....
smctoy   +1y
There are lower control arms that you can buy for the front to help drop your
truck. Ive got them on the front of my truck & they drop it 3-inches. They are made by DJM Suspension. I got mine years ago from a buddy & Im not sure what they cost new, but Im sure of you look around on the net youll find them.
stll2hi   +1y
Subscribe to Minitruckin'.....it will help a lot.
sd yota   +1y
hey thanks for the advice and point in the right direction guys.

the thing i hate about the ride right now though is that the front end is too soft as it is.... and if i cranked the torsions down it'd make it ride softer then wet bread. i'd like to keep a firm front ride so bumps arent too much an issue. i think if i find a set of those arms for a good deal ill go that route.

that'd be one hell of a drop... (static wise) at near 6 inches up front.

ill also take a look at minitruckin and see what i find in there.
toyota_king_387   +1y
you can z your front frame 2-3 inches for around 25 dollars in materials and 4 hours tops... and add a 2 inch block in the rear...
sd yota   +1y
"z"n the frame is a bit more extensive a work then i wanna involve myself in (right now) although ive been researching and reading up on a bunch the forum projects you guys have going and see what all you do. if anything i can always mono leaf the rear and just bag em for more drop......

so many options at this point but i wanna keep the truck up untill summer time when it'll get nicer to work outside. i dont really have a shop or grage to work in (permenantly) so i gotta buy a bit more time till summer.