Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  17's on 235/40/17

17's on 235/40/17

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 516
replies 8
following 5

granth   +1y
what do i need to lay this out on a 85 yota? would spindles be a good buy, or can i do it with stock arms and spindles with some cutting and plating?
kdcgrohl   +1y
belltech is the desirable spindle manufacturer, and yes, it can be done without them, but is easier with them.
granth   +1y
is a 17x8.5 going to work? I see 8 inch wide does but I am looking at some mustang GT wheels and dont want to buy them if they wont work. I am trying to figure out what the specs on them are...
lowboytrucks   +1y
8.5 should work but it depends on the backspacing but you are goin to do some cuttin under the hood to get them to tuck
granth   +1y
cutting wheel wells and all isnt a problem im just worried about stayin in the wells, and clearing the v8 when it goes in.
smorrison1   +1y
as far as I know, you can lay an 18" wheel without needing spindles, any higher than that, and you will need them.

and your camber issues will be less with spindles as well.
granth   +1y
5-Lug 4.5" bolt circle

6.295" backspacing

45 mm offset

17" x 8" wide

these are the specs, i thought they were 8.5" wide.
moneyhungry   +1y
you should be fine. just use 4x4 fenders. i had the same size tires on a bagged 92 blazer and didn't rub when it was laid out.
granth   +1y
what will tuck on 2wd sheetmetal, i want stock metal. it seem like my grease caps stick out a long ass way too. maybe they are supposed to look like that?
Page 1 of 1