Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  Planning on switching from firestones to slam specialities

Planning on switching from firestones to slam specialities

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 529
replies 9
following 2

switchhittin96   +1y
I am converting from firestones to slam specialties bags all around but im not sure what size i need, i have one of the front firestone bags off and right next to me, and i was wondering what i would measure, the width of the plate that the rubber is attached to or the actual width of the whole bag? it is for a 96 toyota tacoma. Keep in mind I havent changed the bags on this truck since i bought it a year ago so it has same firestone bags on it and I know the rear bags are bigger than the front ones but I'm not sure how big. I plan on ordering these bags online so i dont wanna order the wrong sizes or anything.

Front firestone bag 1.5, and when it is compressed from rubber to rubber it is 6" wide

Rear bags says: 224c, I havent got a chance to take rear ones off because I am so busy but I measure the top bolt mounts and they are wider than the front ones.
kdcgrohl   +1y
you need
6's for the front and
7's for the rear.
Be aware, if you have to be completely collapsed to lay out, replacing with new slams(which have internal bumpstops, so they dont compress as far) you may not lay. cycle the suspension with that bag out and measure your hole.

helpful specs found here.
switchhittin96   +1y
Hmm, interesting, i will check into that first thing in the morning, and post it.
switchhittin96   +1y
To keep it all in the same thread, I am having trouble finding some good tubular upper and lower, passenger and driver side a-arms for a 96 tacoma online for a reasonable price with bag mounts already welded onto them, i have the stock a arms on them now, but from research i hear that tubular is the way to go for a bag set up. help?
kdcgrohl   +1y

switchhittin96   +1y
thanks kdc, those fit in the stock a arm mounts?, and for those bottom a arms do the holes need to be drilled out for the mounts?

p.s. i posted pictures of my truck in that one thread
kdcgrohl   +1y
the lowers need the hole drilled. its not there yet because of the different angles people install the upper brackets at. the arms should bolt right up.
switchhittin96   +1y
$700, for the whole set(upper and lower both sides) or just one side?
kdcgrohl   +1y
complete set, uppers and lowers. steve is a great guy to deal with and will talk to you for an hour if you ever get him to answer the phone.
switchhittin96   +1y
1 more question, what would be the difference in getting tubular a-arms compared to keeping the stock ones, besides the fact that you can tuck bigger wheels?
Page 1 of 1