Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  Tranny leak again...help

Tranny leak again...help

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 464
replies 7
following 5

krayla   +1y
ok i have a all reverse wishbone setup right now on my truck. been ok for about 6 months driving it everywhere now all the sudden tranny seal started leaking again. i'm about to change the back and run my stuff forward along w/ redoing my bags so it will lay, very soon. ? is what is everyone doing to keep their seal from busting. i thought i had mine fixed but i guess i was wrong. I set it up where the rear was about a 1/2 back from stock originally. was this not enough? i've already changed it out once from when i had a 2 link and took that dust plate or w/e out too.
holcombe347   +1y
if you keep wasting seals it could be a number of things. your suspension could be set up wrong, pushing the driveline into the trans like you suggested. you could also have a driveline imbalance which is causing the the seal to go bad. how does your rearend feel? is the yoke or anything loose? and just out of curiosity, why would you do a reverse 3 link? the whole point of doing a three link or whish bone setup is to keep your gas tank in the stock location...
krayla   +1y
yea thats what i did to keep it there and raised. just did everything in reverse which i dont like so its about to get changed to a forward wishbone setup. do most of you guys get your driveshaft shortened or what i know im not the onlyone w/ this problem. i dont think anything else is out of line. probably should go check it again. maybe got loose or something.
skip   +1y
I dont think you understand what he is asking you. normally people run a wishbone 3link all forward so they can keep the tank in the stock location. so it makes no sense why you ran a all reverse wishbone 3link.
smorrison1   +1y

I am having problems with this on my factory toyota, no vibration in the rear end or U-joints, but my output shaft has alot of play, is there a fix? or do I need a new tranny???
hotlavaxb2089   +1y
smores you just need a new tranny. that one is a piece of shit. you problem has nothing to do with krayla's
smorrison1   +1y
Right on adam, I am getting a used one sent here from el paso this week...
krayla   +1y
Well it's pretty much parked for right now until my landlord leaves so i can work on it. Begining of march its getting all redone. Forward wishbone and brige redone.
Page 1 of 1