Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  Frame Z

Frame Z

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1831
replies 11
following 10

2toneaccord   +1y
So I have a 95 ext. cab pickup and I always hear that its impossible to get around laying the motor x-member unless you z the frame. Then you can lay flat on the frame. How hard is this process?
twisted minis   +1y
Its not very hard.
2toneaccord   +1y
Elaborate if you dont care too much. Thanks alot.
twisted minis   +1y
Set your frotn crossmember on the ground and level out the frame. Stick somethign under the back or something. Then weld some tube on the frame where you want to cut to hold it in its current place. Cut behind the tube, line the frame up if you have to, weld.
holcombe347   +1y
in the new draggin issue of mini-truckin (august 2006, volume 20, no. 8 mini truckin mag) there is a section in there in "mt tech" it starts on page 68 sadistic iron works tells how to bag the front end of the new tacoma and he had to z the frame on it. he gave a good method to doing it. i know its a whole different truck but z'ing th frame can still done the same way on any truck. hope that helps...if not get the mag anyways its a pretty good issue. 8o)

side note: it was kind of ironic, i got a ticket for draggin my truck through town, the next day i got the draggin issue of mt in the mail. 8o)
f n lo   +1y
anyone have pics of the process? i have the same truck and was wondering the same thing...also, if i were to just cut my inner fenders out, with doing to much mod whats the biggest wheel i can fit?
zrdkustoms   +1y
Just cuttiing the Fender well out want do much good, The biggest you can go with out doing any work on the fire wall is a 18, and even then you have to beat the firewall with a hammer a little.
loagz   +1y
i lifted my front cross member about 10 mm so i could pancaek drag , 4 that rad look
sitnlow4life   +1y
question
If you Z the frame do you have to lower the engine?
wont it hit the hood?
3in2out   +1y
Couple pics of mine that Chase from Real Life Kustoms has done...sorry I dont have more in progress pics, but maybe these can give you some ideas.