Page 2 of 3
Wheel Questions \  Offset ... Im lost.... measuring

Offset ... Im lost.... measuring

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 2811
replies 22
following 23

One Ton Garage   +1y
Offset is measured as the distance from the actual centerline of the wheel to the mounting pad surface. A 0 offset wheel will basically have its mounting pad right at the center of the wheel. The higher the numerical offset, the further out (towards the front) the mounting pad is... meaning a higher offset wheel will be more sunken in a fender, and the lower the offset, the more the wheel will stick out. What makes things a little tougher is that different companies measure offset a little differently, so one wheel's +35mm may be a few mm off from another company's +35mm wheel, for example. Backspacing is usually the most reliable method of fitment measurement, but most non-US wheel manufacturers will use offset.
dragnlow   +1y
ok I want to get a wheel off ebay and it is a 18x8 with a +35mm offset. Will they tuck just fine under my body dropped tacoma??
neurotic   +1y
Edited: 3/5/2008 3:53:27 PM by neurotic

Here is a goos site that tells you the offset and backspacing plus a diagram.

WHEELSPECS
impounded dakota   +1y
for the lazy

llatinostyle   +1y
In the Mini truckin issue with DIB's Hardbody on the cover,there's an offset chart that shows your type of truck and offset/backspace.Very informative and should answer all questions related to this topic.
lo75lux   +1y
ok,i wanna get a set of 17x8 wheels for a s10. what offset and BS do i need to order?and i want them as close to the fender as possible without hitting.
blazins10   +1y
all offsets start at zero
so on a 20-8.5 wheel, a zero offset would be dead center at 4.25
for every 1 inch in backspace change is 25.4mm
so a +25 would put a 20-8.5 at 5.25 and move the center an inch towards the outer lip
so a -25 would put a 20-8.5 at 5.25 but move the center towards the inner lip causing a dished look
1)most s10s are ok with +15-+20mm offset from 18s to 24s
2) 40mm can be milled down to 38mm but not the other way
3) should tuck on tacoma but will be close i would like a 40mm
4) i have 18-8s on my 83 blazer with +21 and never have hit spindal?
5) 17-8s on s10 would be +15 if bagged and +0 if not
instinct   +1y

im looking for justin with elegance by design. anybody know how i can get ahold of this guy>?

BDR6969   +1y

is a 0 offset wheel able to work wit air baggs on a 96 s10
BDR6969   +1y

is a 0 offset wheel able to work wit air baggs on a 96 s10