Page 1 of 3
Wheel Questions \  Offset ... Im lost.... measuring

Offset ... Im lost.... measuring

Wheel Questions Q & A
views 2790
replies 22
following 23

NaviGangsta   +1y
Is offset the measurement from the where the wheels meet the hub to the outside of the wheel?

If thats right then I can run a 25mm offset. But on a 10" wide wheel that would be 9" of backspacing right? and that seems extreme
But I see 10" wide wheels with 25mm offset advertised.

tofnlows10   +1y
Edited: 12/28/2005 12:34:21 PM by idragbodyS10

what the backspacing and offset for a 22x8.5 and 22x9.5 wheel?? for a 00' s10?
dragn168   +1y
Edited: 12/28/2005 12:46:31 PM by dragn168

hang a plumb line from the inside lip of the fender and measure from the hub to the line sub tract that number from the width of the wheel and there is your back spacing but always leave a little extra for the tire width and actual rim width
mtm   +1y
so i am looking at a set of wheels for my ranger. There 8" wide and it says the backspacing is 4.75" and the offset is +6mm. So would this mean the same thing? Since the wheel is 8" or 9" wide from face to face then the center would be at 4.5" Add the +6mm and you end up with 4.737" So what's going on here? Are they just giving you the offset and the backspacing so people that only know one or the other can understand it or what
NRlaydtaco   +1y
IM TUCKIN 20'S ABOUT TO UPGRADE BUT I DONT KNOW IF THE OFFSET IS RIGHT ON THESE NEW RIMS WILL 6x139.7+15MM OFFSET 22x9.5 108cb TUCK ON MY 00 SILVERADO
TuKnRaiL   +1y
My customer recently got a set of wheels for his 90 s-10 they were a 17x8 with a +20 offset and the rim was hitting the spindle. Just curious at to what offset he is going to need on his truck. It lays frame also. Thanks
groundedbigbody   +1y
how about a 24x10 how much backspaceing and what kind of offset for a bagged f150 styleside (boxbed)not step sidewhat sixe is needed to tuck without cutting the axle down
Boozehound   +1y
22x8.5 rim what would be the offset? for a bodydropped s-10
DizzyDong   +1y
how can you tell what the correct backspacing should be on a wheel if you're replacing stocks? should there be a measurement made from the fender to where the wheel bolts on?
tuckinlugs06   +1y
ok i got a question i read some where that a 38mm offset can be milled down to a 40 is tha possable