Page 1 of 3
Yota Lowering \  85 Flipped Joints?

85 Flipped Joints?

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 3034
replies 20
following 6

3tcrob   +1y
Any one flipped the koints on the older trucks? I always read about the newer trucks and not the older ones? Is it worth it? How much did you get?
Also are the drop spindles worth it? I'm going to be static for a while and am going to put 3" leafs and 3" blocks on the rear, IF I buy the spindles I would still have to crank on the bars, Also going to get a CanDo crossmember so I won;t drag, Not going real big on the rims only 17's, Not going to bd or anything just lay frame
Thanks
twisted minis   +1y
You get roughly 3/4" drop out of flipping the balljoints. The drop spindles are nice. Make a big difference in camber, but with your style truck you dont really need them. And I like the camber you get without them.

That CanDo crossmember is pretty overpriced for what it is. And virtually no room for exhaust without a hot floor pan, and pulling the tranny mount.
3tcrob   +1y
Alright cool I wasn;t to worried abouy camber cause there is nothing more sexyier than neg camber
3/4 I don't think is worth it to flip the joints
Will I get 6" out of just cranking the bars?
twisted minis   +1y
I don't know about cranking the bars. I bagged mine right off the bat and lowered it 11".
3tcrob   +1y
Alright cool I don't have the money to bag it yet I have 3 proijects including this one so I just want it a low as I can get it static and when I finish my Corolla I'm going to bag
twisted minis   +1y
I'll selll you a nice tranny crossmember for almost half Candos price when you get there. And it doesnt require you to cut the tranny mount off your stock crossmember and weld it to the new one.

Clears 2 1/4" exhaust easily.
3tcrob   +1y
alright I will keep that in mind looks good I have to cut the old member off right cause they are welded and weld this one on? or does it bolt on? How do I swap the mounts? I'm not running full exhaust just LC header and a flowmaster with a dump
twisted minis   +1y
Your exhaust still has to go under the tranny crossmember. It makes it a lot easier than building it over the crossmember, especially if you're using larger exhaust. Even if you have a dump, thats generally behind the cab. Also if you're exhaust is going over the crossmember it will make your floor pan noticeably hot. I liked this design due to the fact that the exhaust could easily be pulled, which was convenient when building it.

And yes, your stock crossmember needs to be cut out. Can be done in about an hour with a sawzall. Unless you have a lift and get get a good angle on it, you could probably do it in about 20 minutes.

My tranny crossmember is bolt in, bolt out. BUT, you have to weld on the provided tabs. I've revised the mounts since I built mine. They come about 3/8" long so you can trim to fit. I've found that most Toyota frames are not the same, some are slightly wider, some more narrow. Most frames arent perfectly straight. So this allows you to get it right for your specific truck. But its very easy to install.

I haven't made the jig yet, but will be doing so soon.
twisted minis   +1y
Sorry for the essay.
3tcrob   +1y
It's cool I like long post How much can this be had for? Shipped to Fl, you offer a weld in c-notch as well? I would get both at the same time maybe in a month or so