Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  hydro accumulaters

hydro accumulaters

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1505
replies 12
following 6

uselesstoy   +1y
im running prohopper accumulaters on my truck with solid mounted cylinders.the guys from prohopper are telling me that the accumulaters are already charged to the correct amount. throughout last summer my truck never felt veryb stable going around turns and such , really pissed me off and iwas not satisfied with it besides the fact it rode as smooth as a caddy. i constantly had to hit my switches to level the truck out after going around turns or taking off fast. has abyone else had this problem with accumulaters? i was thinking about getting them charged up more but i dont know how much to do. im also considering redoing all my cylinder mounts and putting in a coilover setup and buy more dumps so i can turn off the accumulators when i want to drive a bit mopre aggressivley. if i do go to coils are there any recommendations? thanx
2pumpchump   +1y
Sounds like your cylinders need new o-rings. On a hydraulic system that uses accumulaters, the o-rings on the cylinders wear more frequently because the shaft of the cylinder is moving in and out, like a shock. One thing that helped me out alot was using these new type of o-rings that don't wear as fast.
2pumpchump   +1y
My truck does the same exact thing, only because my rear cylinders are cheap no names and were installed a little crooked; so the o-rings wear premature. I've heard the prohopper cylinders with the 3 o-rings (compared to the usual 2 o-rings) are much better. You can get those new o-rings at any hydraulic store. Also, what type of accumulators do you have? The best to get are the Parker diaphragm type.
Hope this helps.
twisted minis   +1y
Those are called Chevron O-rings. If you have to know the name to get them, it might help..?
uselesstoy   +1y
i have the parker ones. i doubt its from the o rings becuase it was a brand new hydro kit and accumulaters and it did it from day 1. has anyone had to charge the accumulators?
nathan04low   +1y
i havent got mine all set up yet, but i will be makin a change to the 300PSI, my mate had 275 in the rear and 250 in the front of his isuzu pup when it was on juice.

i was once told to get em charged right up solid, then let pressure out until the truck dropped about 1 inch, this should give a pretty sweet ride
uselesstoy   +1y
any one have any coil spring recommendations?
hybrid   +1y
are your lines t'ed together?like do you have a 2 pump two dump,or a one pump,two dump??if so then thats why.add another dump and it will stop.my truck did that and then i put another pump on it and it stopped since its not sharing fluid.
uselesstoy   +1y
two pump four dump setup. the only other thing i could think of besides being an accumulator ploblem, would be the check valves, but i doubt it would be back feeding through all the check valves.
hybrid   +1y
unless they were all backwards.but then it would never lift,so nevermind.i dunno man you might just have to live with it.