Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  teliscoping drive shaft

teliscoping drive shaft

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1113
replies 9
following 7

oldskewlyota   +1y
ok heres the deal i have a custom made 2 peace drive shaft in my 85 yota mini. its out of a 4x4 and it has been shortened for the 2 wheel drive and the back peace is teliscoping is this a good thing or bad thing i just bought the truck and the guy that owned it before me ran out of money building it and wrecked his moms accord so i got it cheap...... also a little off the subject but can anyone tell me what the differance in an american and a canadan tranny is it seems like it it geared lower i know the tranny is physicaly longer but i dont know these things.. can anyone help me???
i will post pics of the drive shaft as soon as i figure out how too!!
oldskewlyota   +1y
dose no one know any thing about this swap or am i the only one with a teliscoping driveshaft????
m_i_zombie   +1y
can't say that I have ever seen or heard of such a drive shaft. Sure it doesn't have a carrier bearing for like a long wheel base or such? I have a 4wd parts truck and mine has no such thing as your describing.
misfit_toy   +1y
is it like the ones that are on the sequas (i think thay have what i an talking about ) where the drive shaft looks like a thing that should be on a screen door ( i will try to get a pic of one at work on monday if anyone brings one in that i have to put on a lift
oldskewlyota   +1y
it is a 2 peice but the rear sec. slides in and out i have never heard of it either i will try and take a pic tomarow and yall can see what i am talkin bout.
oldskewlyota   +1y
://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8046/02210616235xo.jpg
these are the pics of the rear sec. of the driveshaft wierd i know!!!
hybrid   +1y
it seems stock,the mazda b2600 4x4 also has them,and lowriders with gobs of lift in the rear have custom made telescopic shafts.
onelowminitruckr   +1y
The telescoping driveshaft is a good thing to have. That means you can lower or lift it with no problems with the driveshaft and the tail end of the tranny messing up. Most people that are into rock crawling have them. And i've seen quite a few people with adjustable going to them. It's more helpfull when you get alot of lift, keeps stress off the center support bearing.
wht01ranger   +1y
some of the older rangers have those suckers as well
yotalac   +1y
damn...i want one
Page 1 of 1