Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  custom frame pics, tips, tricks, ideas needed for 95 4runner

custom frame pics, tips, tricks, ideas needed for 95 4runner

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1037
replies 7
following 6

wunlo99nismo   +1y
anyone have any for a 2wd 4runner? i just picked up this project and i wanna do a stock floor bd with a whole new frame with a sbc engine. need all advice, pics, diagrams, whatever you guys have. this is my first frame build so i want to do it right the first time. thanks in advance!!!
wunlo99nismo   +1y
c'mon anyone?
twisted minis   +1y
From what I've heard, you will still have to get a front clip from a 2WD truck. Apparently the suspension design is practically the same as the 4WD 4Runner, without the driveshafts. I think someone on here told me that. But, here's some pictures of a 4Runner frame.

Goes under this RHD Runner.

Hope that helps.
wunlo99nismo   +1y
anything helps man thanks!
phatboislim   +1y
are the calipers from a 84-88 4wd compatiable with the 84-88 2wd, because i am thinking about puttin the 4wd caliper on my 2wd for better 'stopping power'
builtbybyc   +1y
the 2wd runner frame is the same as the 4wd. the control arm mounts are way down on the frame and its not condusive to laying out.

you certainly need the truck frame to lay out.

also when swapping to a different suspension be sure you get the correct length rack and pinion. the one in the pics above will have serious toe issues, as you raise and lower it the toe in will change.

this is due to the fact that the steering knuckles in rack must fall within a line from the upper control arm bushings to the lower control arm bushings.

when choosing a rack, make sure the knuckles are the correct width.

to make this easy on a runner, just use a complete 2wd truck suspension from 1979 thru 1995 trucks. then you can easily get drop spindles and control arms.
flyinlo   +1y
The frame above was built for Chris Starr's 4 Runner by Wicked Kustoms in Lavergn, TN. The whole front suspension on that frame is a modified Mustang II unit. From what I have seen, it works flawlessly from laid out to full lift. You can achieve the same thing for the most part with aftermarket tubular upper and lower control arms on a 2wd truck frame for a LOT less money.
2fine89   +1y
That frame is sick ... Lovin it.
Page 1 of 1