threads
Page 1 of 2
Yota Lowering \  just wanting to get some things cleared up ...

just wanting to get some things cleared up ...

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 2423
replies 15
following 6

d_man   +1y
I'm in the process of bagging my '89 toyota right now, and I have almost everything in, tank and compressor mounted under the bed, all the wires ran, switches and everything hooked up. Which leaves me with one last thing to do, weld in my front brackets. Now here is where some clearing up would be greatly appreciated. My front sway bar will get in the way, so this must be ditched yes? Now when figuring out the spacing for where I want to weld my top bracket I want to jack up my lower control arm and use a 3 inch spacer to immitate my fully compressed bag (firestone 2500), correct? Now once this is all in my upper arm will basically just float along afterwards? Thanks in advance for the help, never done this but hopefully I've done my research.

-Darren
vegasyota94   +1y
come on people explain
skip   +1y
yes ditch the sway bar. you need to get the mesurment of how tail your tires are going to be so you can make sure you will lay out. you need that number because that will depend on how much you have to cut, and such.
johnny5   +1y
yea man your sway bar must be ditched man and look on why not fab's website he has a good lay out of how to do it, just easeir to look at pics than me explaining everything lol
skip   +1y
ya dude pics are so much help. that how i did mine, looked at pics.
d_man   +1y
lol actually I've already printed out all the pictures off Ricky's site, I just want to be positive that I'm doing this right, and they don't show everything all back together. How does my wheel/tire size affect where I want to put my top bracket? I have 17's on 205-40-17's right now which seems to be pretty standard for these things. Also I want my top bag bracket welded on parallel to my control arm at fully compressed right?
skip   +1y
you need to know how tail your tires are to make sure your truck will lay out. to lay the front out you will need 2'' drop spindles. (i will try to explain this the best i can) ok lets say your tires are 30'' tall (just an example, it will be easier to explan with a easy number) so half of that is 15. you need to jack up your lower control arm and make sure the center of your spindle is 15 inches above the front xmember. then set the bag in there fully compressed and then you know where to mount your bag and get as much lift as possible. i dont really know how to post pics. so i hope that worked if not i could e-mail you some pics.
skip   +1y
lol i guess it didnt work. lol some one please help me. lol
skip   +1y
i will e-mail you some pics latter today
d_man   +1y
k here's where I'm at now. I have the whole front end torn apart and I'm trying to jack my control arms up to get a proper placement for my bags. Something seems to be limiting it, and I think it's my torsion bars. Do these need to be taken out so I can get full travel? Or how do you guys do this. I have my control arms sitting on blocks and it's still not even close to where it needs to be .... help please!