Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  84-88 Toyota shock relocate

84-88 Toyota shock relocate

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 836
replies 4
following 3

truck action   +1y
Need photo's & info on front shock relocate w/ bags, 84-88 Toy. The BYC arms will be going on soon ,still planing things out. Don't want any clearance issues,if a problem,I will use Shockwaves.Any advise,any problems,shock size,ect!My tire size is 225x18/40,ride height is w/ 4'' drop ,front & rear.
builtbybyc   +1y
if you are running the shockwaves then the shock is built in so placement depends on the angle and height of the lower arm when layed out. usually halfway between the bushings and the balljoint is best for shocks, but with the lifting device built into the shock you may have to move the shockwaves in or out depending.

install the arms, lay the truck out and test fit the shockwaves in the frame and see what fits best. the lower mount is really more important than the upper in this case.
truck action   +1y
Want to use a bag if no problem w/ relocate of shock. That's why I trying to get as much input as possible! I know the shock runs though the bag on a shockwave! Also is one of the best socks you can get,a QA1, adjustable. Cost is being a factor in this! Also Mike ,you didn't send me the answer to the turning stop?I don't want to bend these arms!!
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Hey truck action I got a shock relocate kit if ya need one for the front of a toyota including the shocks if ya want it.
truck action   +1y
Thanks for the offer,but allready have most of the brackets & the Doestch shocks I have on there now are suppose to work when bagged. Also have a few other sets of Doestch shocks for differant applations. LoAsian gave me the info on what he used,so used those sizes to match with what I have .
Page 1 of 1