Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  question about air management systems

question about air management systems

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 527
replies 4
following 3

low yota   +1y
well i got a new truck cant drive it until i pay it off completly though it has a 7 gal tank a viair 450 compessor on it and i want to upgrade to 2 viairs would it be nessacary to get a larger tank? also where i can i find aluminum tanks at . i just put a new pressure switch on it since the old one was bad i think i hooked it up correctly but i never heard the compressor cut off when i was playin with it how long should it take to fill the tank can any one give me pics or diagrams on how to hook it up cause the switch was bypassed and i took the wires and re hooked them to the new pressure switch and i have one last question the previous owner dragged the truck and the rod end on the front drivers side 4 link bar broke i have ordered the part and am goiong to put it on when it gets here but the axle is sittin crooked how do i straighten it out thanks for help
whynotfab   +1y
The common rule for Viair 450s is 1 per 5-6 gallons.. so 7 would be ok with the 2 you plan on running.. but maybe adding a slim 5 gallon along with the 7 would be just about right, youd have more play time.

Here's a diagram with a pressure switch for wiring 2 compressors:

its hard to say what to do about the rearend being un-aligned due to the end breaking, Id try getting a few buddies and pushing/lifting on it with the driveshaft removed and other bars unbolted if neccessary. is there any way you could take pics? let me know if theres any other questions you have.. hopefully that helped somewhat.

Ricky
johnny5   +1y
hey man i had one of my rod ends break on metoo and when my axle went cooked i just jacked my truck up and was able to push it back into place, you may have to undo the other link bars also to line up everything hope this helps man
low yota   +1y
well thanks for the tips i need to rewire the air system and replumb it i want to get an aluminum 8 gallon tank and move it inside the bed since it is under it right now i keep forgetting to take my camera over to the house and take pics i probably will tomorrow hopefully i will remember i have 2 more questions this is the first truck ive ever had that is bagged(im only 17) so i dont know much about baggs so this question is kinda stupid but can i use a jack? i know what ur thinkin are u stupid? and my other question is when i went to drain the water out of the tank cause theres a nice amount of water in it none of my allen wrenches fit the drain plug does anyone know what size it ussually is? thanks for the help so far guys
johnny5   +1y
yea man you can use a jack its ok, and for the allen wrench im not sure theres alot of different sizes so you'll have to find one that fits. there are metric sizes and standard sizes
Page 1 of 1