Page 1 of 1
Yota Lowering \  Baggin' Front of Toyota

Baggin' Front of Toyota

Yota Lowering Yota Suspension Yota Tech
views 1335
replies 9
following 6

whynotfab   +1y
I am not saying in anyway that this is the "right" or "exact" way to do it, but this is close to being step by step pics.. from when I bagged the front of my toyota. Maybe these pics can help someone, I know I searched all over for some decent pics before I started. Let me know if theres anything I should make note of and edit the post..

CLICK HERE FOR THE PICS

*I'll go back later and thumbnail the pics, and edit this post to show all the thumbnails in order.

Ricky
d_man   +1y
Helps me out a TON. I've been searching around for some pics of this for a couple weeks now with no luck, as my front's getting done ASAP. I appreciate it!
layedoutdreams   +1y
Great pics! I've seen your build pics over on SSM before, you definetly do some quality work . I'm waiting on Barnyard control arms to redo the front of my Tacoma.
whynotfab   +1y
glad i could help someone! thanks for the props on my work, i REALLY appreciate that. let me know if theres anything else i could help on, maybe this topic could be stickied so it isnt lost for future reference.

Ricky
1rawtoy   +1y
Damn dude you did a badass job...Mine look almost identical...
baha   +1y
nice pics, feel like making it into a tech article for this site?
whynotfab   +1y
yea man dont worry, my sites close to being up.. and ill be taking all the thumbnails and making a tech article.. sticky it for now if ya want
d_man   +1y
Question for ya about the front. In your pictures you cut out some of the frame and then repatched it afterwards. I'm assuming this was for clearance issues with the bag. Is this absolutely necessary to do or is it more of a precautionary thing? I'm going to be running firestone 2500's up front if that means anything.
mullet   +1y
WOW good pics and GREAT welds.. but that upper bracket seems to be pretty low on that frame rail.. did u make sure you were going to be able to lay out? Would hate for you to go threw all this work and not be able to drag. Also not to be a meanie head.. but for a tech you might want to put the gussets straight up and down.. HOWEVER you have what looks like fenominal welds.. so that joker aint going NO WHERE! - where u goin? NO WHERE!
Mike
whynotfab   +1y
the big rectangle hole is already there when you cut the bumpstop shit out of the way, but yes i did trim it back a little.. for bag clearance of course. (im using firestone 2500s as well) and plated it for re-strengthening it.

about the position of the upper bracket, yes i jacked my lower control arm as high as itd go, and spaced the upper bag bracket from there.. off the lower bracket. 3 & 1/8" between both brackets. bag was 3" but i wanted to be safe. i dont lay out of course because i have 18s, and need to get spindles. as for the gussets, the bottom of the gussets had to be that far apart due to the bag bolts.. and the upper part i angled in slightly so itd fit and have more weld area instead of just having shorter height gussets. you can kinda see that in the pics, but like you said theyre definitely goin NO WHERE lol

thanks for the compliments everyone
Page 1 of 1