threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Exterior \  How much should I charge to shoot a frame?

How much should I charge to shoot a frame?

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 1027
replies 3
following 2

macdave06   +1y
This weekend I'll be painting my friends 71 chevelle chassis as well as boxing his trailing arms and painting the suspension parts. He already cleaned the frame up so all I have to do is wax and grease it and start spraying. I was thinkin $200 for both jobs. Does that seem reasonable for both he and myself?
n2bnlow   +1y
I would expect somewhere around $400-$600 for the chassis with materials. And $100-$300 for
the trailing arms, and painting the suspension parts. It all depends on the quality of paint job, and
hours of labor you're giving him. If you are just spraying the chassis, no body work, and minimal
coats of paint, and boxing the trailing arms without grinding and blending them out nice, $200 is
still real low. Is he a real good friend? or just somebody you know? Do you have experience? Is this
gonna be real easy for you? These are all of the question you should ask yourself before pricing
something.
macdave06   +1y
Well he's done all the hard stuff. All the suspension has been blasted and he stripped the frame so all I'm really doing is wiping it down and spraying it. The trailing arms are just stamped steel so I'm just welding a strip down the open side. He's already got epoxy primer and single stage black. We went to the local supplier yesterday and picked up all the rest so the materials are covered.
I'd like to think I know what I'm doin lol. So thatpart should be covered. I thought my $200 was on the higher side for solely spraying it but I guess there's alot more to be had.
n2bnlow   +1y
Don't undercharge. My rule of thumb is to charge what the work is worth to me. And when I've check with the local pro's and what they charge, I'm always lower, but in the ballpark. And what I do gets done when I said its gonna be done, and for the price I quoted.
Page 1 of 1