threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Exterior \  asked over on SSM, got no replies.

asked over on SSM, got no replies.

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 917
replies 5
following 3

obey   +1y
Just wondering if theres anything i should know before i go bolt my 4 runner clip on. I read somewhere that you have to drill out something for the headlights or had to have special bumper brackets for the 95 front bumper to fit a 2wd 93. Anything that you guys have experienced would help out alot. Thanks.
n2bnlow   +1y
No reply on SSM? Maybe next time you'll come here first. Haha.
It depends on your parts. Ive seen some guys that change the whole core support to a 4Runner core. If you go that way, theres alot of spot-welds that need to be drilled. Then after you place the 4Runner core, welding those spots back up again. Then everything bolts up easy. I made the lights fit the stock/OEM core support. If you are running OEM stock 4Runner headlights from the manufacturer, you'll need to have a spacer of sorts for 1 bolt on each light. I originally used threaded stock with nuts to lock down my measured length,as a spacer.
I replaced those lights with Eagle Eyes brand stock 4Runner headlights.These lights are from an aftermarket replacment company. They are clearer than the OEM, and are made of plastic. They come with the mounting bucket that has a spacer bolted to it. Nice of them. All I had to do was hold up the headlight and grille to mark where the knotch and bolts were going to go. Make a knotch on each side for the bucket to sit closer to the core support. Drill some holes. Bolt up the headlights. Install grille. Install corner lights. Bolt up bumper. I used the OEM 4Runner bumper brackets. Side bumper mounts took alittle customizing. I just fabbed new ones for my truck. Ive done 2 this way. Mine and another clubmate's.
Total project time was approx. 25mins.
Difficulty level was 1/2 retard.
Tools needed are minimal.
And if you're a minitrucker, you should either have the tools to do this mod, or consider buying the tools to do this mod. I hate when friends ask to borrow tools. Haha.
toyotrick   +1y
plastic headlight lenses would be awesome for a HID retrofit.
obey   +1y
so do i use the black plastic backing on the 4 runner lights?
n2bnlow   +1y
Yes. Thats the mounting bucket. All you need is the hardware. I used 10mm bolts, because my truck is allergic to standard sized bolts. And for convinence. Just mock everything up first. I used painters tape to hold the grille and lights in place so I could close the hood to make sure everything lined up before drilling holes. The corner lights slide into 2 slots on the grille's ends. That also helps hold it together while you make marks. But the knotch comes first. Do you have the wiring harness?
obey   +1y
i just cut the wires about 6-8" after the headlights
Page 1 of 1