Page 1 of 1
Yota Exterior \  question about the 4runner bumper versus 4wd bumper

question about the 4runner bumper versus 4wd bumper

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 859
replies 8
following 3

bigruff   +1y
I have a 91 2wd with 4wd fenders and was wanting to put a different bumper and valance on it. I am trying to decide between the 4wd and the 4runner bumper and valances. I wanted to know if anyone knows if either of the two hang lower compared to the 2wd one. I got my truck to lay on the front crossmember under the engine and wanted alittle taller bumper and valance combo. Will both of these bolt right up to my truck? Any help and info would be appreciated. Thanks
smctoy   +1y
Both the 4wd & 4-runner bumpers look great, both hang about the same & both hang lower than the 2wd bumper. Ive got the 4wd bumper on my truck, but I swapping it out soon for the 4-runner cause I like how it has the rubber/urethane lower valance. Whatever bumper you decide to go with 4wd or 4-runner youll need to get the bumper brackets for that bumper in order for it to fit.
toylowta   +1y
i have the 4 runner bumper an i love it. it looks really good
bigruff   +1y

So which ever one i get I just need to make sure that i get the bumper brackets for that bumper and either one will bolt right up to the truck no drilling new holes or anything like that right? Thanks for the reply's guys I do appreciate the help.
smctoy   +1y

Thats correct...when I did the swap on my truck I just bought the bumper/brackets & bolted it right up. Oh & remember this...when you do the swap make sure to get the bumper lights too for whatever bumper you get. All the bumper lights are different!!
bigruff   +1y
alright that is very good to know thank you. I just want to make sure i get the right bumper, i am going to prob get the 4runner bumper and valance. I want the 92-95 bumper correct?
smctoy   +1y
Yes...92-95 is the syle you want cause the 89-91 is totally different. Also make sure that you get the rear pigtails that go into the back of the bumper lights as well too cause they are bigger!
bigruff   +1y
SMCTOY Thanks for all the help. Now all I have to do is find the bumper and valance.
smctoy   +1y
Best place to start is your local salvage/junk yards, but also get prices off Ebay & also look on fbimini.com too cause if you can get it new for the price of used then your better off.
Page 1 of 1