Page 1 of 1
Yota Exterior \  flip nose hinge help

flip nose hinge help

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 737
replies 9
following 5

macdave06   +1y
Does anybody know a place that produces universal flip nose hinges, or has plans for a good set of hinges?
I'm looking into maybe making my front clip one piece just for easy access.
m_i_zombie   +1y
might want to check Summit or Jegs or look for the sites that cater to the corvettes.
macdave06   +1y
I just realized another problem today with doing a flip nose. The lt1 has the computer mounted in the engine bay, so I cant cut out my inner fenders
layedout72   +1y
why not? just extend wires where it needs to be done. and also look for an old saab 900 (s). the hoods on them tilt forward and are supposed to be pretty stout little hinges. something to look at....
macdave06   +1y

Do you know what years they are?
The computer is really big and I dont know where I would put it in the interior, unless its gonna be out in the open. I've been looking for a harness extension but no luck yet. If I can get an extension thats long enough I can mount the computer maybe under the passenger seat.
badcoma   +1y
painless wiring does lt1 wiring harnesses standard and extended lenght. and there and simple install.
macdave06   +1y

I already had my wiring done, though, and for wayyyyyyy cheaper than painless. Painless harnesses dont have all the emissions either.
layedout72   +1y
mid/late 80s
twisted minis   +1y
No Limit Engineering makes some of the nicest hinges out there. You will pay for them.
macdave06   +1y
does look like they put alota time into designing em.
Page 1 of 1