threads
Page 1 of 2
Yota Exterior \  Price to have this done?

Price to have this done?

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 1231
replies 18
following 8

layedout72   +1y
Does anyone have an f'n clue how much about it would cost to have a targa build done on an 85 yota? I want to use the original roof and all or atleast have a metal roof one way or another. I don't want that aim crap on the truck. I want it sealed perfect obviously and want it to look like the stock roof when it's installed. no bulging or anything like that.

Would it be like 500...or a grand... or 1500....doesnt make a difference i just need to know how much to save!
twisted minis   +1y
It all depends on the area you live in, since wages are much different. Out here, doing it from scratch, probably start at about $3K. It's a lot of metal work.
layedout72   +1y
I think innovative is 60 an hour for metal work and if they can use the stock roof, they won't have to do near as much metal work. guess it's better to just call them huh lol.
twisted minis   +1y
Ya I would call them. But even then it's going to be a shot in the dark if they haven't already done one or something similar. I'm $65 an hour. Maybe I am just understanding it wrong, but the way I envision doing it seems pretty labor intensive. Also are you talking with body work or just metal finished?
layedout72   +1y
no body work just metal finished and primed real quick so it wont rust.

the aim kit (for what thats worth....) you just cut out the roof section via a supplied pattern, it comes with abs style caps to cap off where you cut and then that has buttons or clamps on it to hold it. I want mine to lock like a sliding rag though, where the roof actually lines up with just a small gap between the two. i just dont know how you could channel the rain away
macdave06   +1y
I would look at how factory t tops seal. the only thing is I think factory t top cars are mostly if not all frameless side glass. You'd have to use a seal like those doors in the center section for the targa. Gotta figure out a way to get the two seals to match up.
layedout72   +1y
woudn't be a T-top. the whole roof would lift off.
n2bnlow   +1y
An all metal Targa with-out generic caps is gonna cost you. He would'nt say how much, but my buddy Chris is the proud owner of that mod. .
thread post photo

He said its so expensive it cost him alittle of his life too
thread post photo

If you're talking about that 85 you inhereted, why not try to do it yourself? Do you have any fab skills?
thread post photo
twisted minis   +1y
Ya I was thinking you wanted what's pictured above.
toyotrick   +1y
that is a intense mod. I used to stare at my old supra next my truck and think about that.. I can't see any competent shop doing it for less then 3k either.