Page 1 of 2
Yota Exterior \  cleaning headlights?

cleaning headlights?

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 1126
replies 11
following 8

cnudrln   +1y
hey guys i just got some of the H4 headlight houses today for free and the lenses have tarnished to a yellow color. my question is how do i clean the lense to get them back to clear? thanks in advance.
yodaforce   +1y
They make a cleaner for that. I saw some on Eastwood. I have used cutting compound followed by a good polish.
phatboislim   +1y
get nevrdull
holcombe347   +1y
I've heard of people using tooth paste... never tried it myself but maybe someone else could spread some light on that option? the lights on my ranger are yellowed and i was thinking about trying that out...
tommy b   +1y
ive heard of people using really fine sandpaper, not done it myself.

id ont know if id reccomend it the interwebz are full of bad info
l o w n l o u d   +1y
Get yourself some of this stuff. . . I recently got some to clean the lenses on my sisters neon, this stuff rocks ( ) Goodluck! Let us know what you did !
phatboislim   +1y

never worked for me...but alot of metal cleaners (nevrdull) works great on headlights
phatboislim   +1y

yea if u are doing buffing job or use scratch x after you scuff up the lights w/ fine grit sand paper itll work too
m_i_zombie   +1y
all of these work but your gonna have to redo it about evey month. The reason it turns yellow is because the plastic is breaking down due to wind, sun, chemicals, etc.... your putting an abrasive on smooth plastic to clean it, its going to revert back to what it was originally and get worse as time goes on. Best solution, get new lenses and use a wax or protectant made for clear plastic.
nismorgan   +1y

I did it a couple weeks ago on my friends volvo, it works...to an extent, if they are just starting to yellow, go for it, use toothpaste, then use a rag to rub it in, then take it off. If they are already pretty much, for lack of a better term, fucked, then its really not gonna work out for ya. but i found it interesting