threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Exterior \  89-96 cab onto 88 chassis (hilux)

89-96 cab onto 88 chassis (hilux)

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 993
replies 8
following 5

mic783   +1y
hey all just wanting to know if the later model hilux cab 89-96 will fit directly onto the earlier 88 hilux chassis, when did the chassis change shape and or mounts?
2manyyotas   +1y
i've worked on both and about all that i can tell they are identical
smctoy   +1y
I agree also...Ive done work on both of those style trucks & if there is any difference between the two then its so small that doing some modifying to make it fit will be simple & easy!
tommy b   +1y
agreed, ive owned hiluxs from 79 to 05, only one i havent had is the 89-96. only differences ive noticed is the actual stamping of the bodymounts and members change a bit but its cosmetic. the 79 frame has the frame horns further back and a different spindal and lower arm.

only other sifferences u might find are i remember reading that the rear leifs are different sizes from the single cab to the duel/xcab but the frame sizes are the same, i cant tell you yes or no for that tho becuase ive never owned one.

some time in the next few weeks i have a 84 cab to go on an 89-96 frame
diabolic kustoms   +1y
i've put a 89-95 bed on a 86 and it bolted right up
mic783   +1y
cheers for the info
mic783   +1y
hey diabolic kustoms can you post up a pic of your 86 with the newer bed on it?
diabolic kustoms   +1y
it was on a p.o.s 4x4. the body lines didn't match up and it did not look good but it did bolt on.
mic783   +1y
ah righto yeah id rather they lined up so i might update the cab and tub. because I cant find any early 88 model mini trucks i like any one got some pics of the 86-89 models
Page 1 of 1