Yota Exterior \  Shaving Gas door

Shaving Gas door

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 926
replies 9
following 7

sitnlow4life   +1y
For everyone who shaved their gas door
Did you keep the inner part in place where the door hinge and the gas filler neck used to mount ?
I have the grant filler im about to weld it in I was just thinking of drilling out the spot welds and taking it out because im am worried water may collect inside and cause problems.
Any suggestions?
THanks
framescr8pintoy   +1y
i drilled out the spot welds and removed it.. even though you wont see it you know its there. spend another 10 minutes and clean it up.
sd yota   +1y
drill a drain hole at the bottom in there..... water wont collect unless you sink it in a lake. make sure you rust proof it if yer gonna keep it on just in case.
kdcgrohl   +1y
drilled out the spots, left the lip. seam sealed from behind.
truck action   +1y
Removed all!
mulisharider11x   +1y
where are you guys getting your seamseal from? the shit the autoparts store is trying to sell me is just ultra black gasket maker shit...
diabolic kustoms   +1y
go to a paint supply store not a auto parts store.
kdcgrohl   +1y
Fusor, made my LORD, or 3M's version of the same. the two part epoxy is the best stuff ever, many variants, very good product. also pricey, but its worth it when the 12$ stuff from the zone cracks under the paint in a couple years....
mulisharider11x   +1y
sweet, thanks
truck action   +1y
The last tube I got from the auto paint supply store was self feeding,not the type that goes into a tube gun. It was good sealer & wouldn't dry up in the tube!!
Page 1 of 1