threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Exterior \  how much wider is the 4wd fenders?

how much wider is the 4wd fenders?

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 887
replies 5
following 4

sd yota   +1y
on the 84-88 bed and front fenders?? i took a quick measurement this evening on a buddy's 4x4 bed and i think i counted on 1/2" wider....i measured from the inner fender wall of the bed to the outer edge... is that really all you gain in a 4wd bed??

what about the front?
hotlavaxb2089   +1y
the front fenders are at least an inch out from the 2wd fenders. the fronts come out further than the rear
toylowta   +1y
there is no difference in a 4wd an a 2wd bed. they can be that much of a distance from the factory. my 94 has a 4wd bed and there is no difference
m_i_zombie   +1y

He is asking about the 84-88 years. Yes, there is a big difference between the beds and fenders regarding the 4wd vs 2wd sheetmetal on the 84-88 model.

There is almost 2in difference between the fenders and 1 3/4 on the bed flares. The 4wd japanese/ canadian (yes, there is such a thing ) bed they use the same flare as the american bed (4wd). The jap/canadian beds has the lip around the top and pending on where it was built, you could get it with single pull (center) or the double latches.
sd yota   +1y
oh yea, major difference in the beds.... i just picked one up a little while ago thats in real clean shape! i got lucky on it.

just standing it next to mine i can tell i should be able to slide in the 16x9's with minor work. i have the bed and front lower 4wd valance now, all i need to do is locate some 4wd front fenders....
toylowta   +1y
o my bad i looked over the year he was talin about.
Page 1 of 1