Page 1 of 2
Yota Exterior \  Antenna Relocation..

Antenna Relocation..

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 1210
replies 10
following 7

ghosthippo   +1y
I wasn't sure whether to put this in interior/audio or exterior, but exterior won out. I know a lot of you guys have shaved the antenna, have any of you relocated after you shaved it or do you just get rid of it completely?

I really want to get rid of the ugly whip antenna, but I still listen to the radio, even if it is from one speaker, and was debating on doing a stubby rubber antenna mounted above the read window in the center of the truck, but I don't know if I can make it look clean.

Any ideas? Pictures of what you've done?

Oh yeah, in shaving it, did you just bondo it to shave or did you weld in a blank?

Justin
smctoy   +1y
thread post photo

This is what "kdcgrohl" did on his truck...I relocated my antenna, since they suck on the fender and not having one sucks, made a bracket, tapped the frame to accept stock bolt, chopped couple inches off antenna and covered it in vaccum hose and a vaccum cap to keep it from slapping bed/cab.
kdcgrohl   +1y
Heres mine, between the bed and cab on the right side. just made a small L bracket, tapped a hole in the frame and bought an antenna wire extension from the local auto parts place. I had to chop off a couple inches from the top of the antenna mast, then put a piece of vacuum hose over it with a vacuum cap fit over top of it to keep it from contacting/rattling against the back of the cab/from of the bed. It cant be seen unless you look in between the bed and cab. Works great.
kdcgrohl   +1y
damn. i just got like crazy de ja vu from something i didnt even do, cool.

ETA: also, do NOT bondo over the hole in the fender. weld in metal, bondo, sand, icing, sand, prime, sand, etc...
also, prime, and seam seal the inside.
Post was last edited on Mar 06, 2008 01:03. This post has been edited 2 times.
smctoy   +1y
too slow bro lol!!
ghosthippo   +1y
Thats hott, and definitely a creative fix that I wouldn't have come up with, maybe I'll try something similar when I grow a pair and give body work a shot. Thanks much! Anyone else?

Justin
truck action   +1y
French it in somewhere else, & use a power antenna! Worked for me!!
chopped~n~dropped   +1y
I had a "hidden antenna" that I got from Advance autoparts and I couldn't ever get it to pick up anything worth a crap. However my step-dad has the same antenna in his '76 chevy and his works great so I dunno. and yea, don't try cramming a bunch of bondo in that hole. you'll wast perfectly good body filler and I doubt you'll ever get the hold filled and if you do get it filled then it will just crack or fall out. Just cut out a small piece of metal and weld it in.
diabolic kustoms   +1y
I use the hidden antenna and it works great. I mount it to the inside of windsheild at the top
1time   +1y
What did you cap the antenna hole with???

I mean is there a plastic cap that fits oemlike???

Thanks.