threads
Page 1 of 1
Yota Exterior \  Static Drop Fender Wells.....

Static Drop Fender Wells.....

Yota Exterior Yota Tech
views 869
replies 8
following 5

sd yota   +1y
to anyone that's had to modify your fender wells, what do you cut in order to clear your tires from rubbing hard?

i just placed some new wheels and am having a hard time with rubbing. i rubbed before with my stock 205's on 14's but now with the added width of the 225's on 16's and +30 offset now i rub even on the painted lines on the road......

i dont want to chop up all the support out of my fenders and would relatively like to keep all my fender mounted stuff (coil, intake suppressor etc...)

i have had the stock tires rub for a while so i know where the usual low spots are so i figure i can start there unless you guys have a better suggestion or solution??
phatboislim   +1y
just get the 4wd fenders and u will be fine..the starions are not nice to our 2wd fenders
hotlavaxb2089   +1y
Starions????

i was 2 inchs of the ground (the lower crossmember in the front) on 18s without cutting anything and 4wd fenders
sd yota   +1y
hmm...... i didnt think it was the fender itself? but more so the inner plastic fender cover...... (havent taken it off yet)

if need be ill do 4wd fenders. hitting the painted lines on the road is getting annoying.... suspension moves anything more then an inch or so it rubs..... even straight.
smctoy   +1y
This is what I did to my 91...I just cut out enough so the tire would clear when turning & when/if I hit bumps in the road. Im running 17's with a 205/40-17 tire.

thread post photo

thread post photo
n2bnlow   +1y
Remove the inner plastic fenderwell, then take a drive. Make sure to hit alot of bumps. Then remove your wheels and look at the rub marks in the wheelwell. This will tell you where you need to cut. I think you should get some aftermarket wheels with the proper backspace and offset also.
sd yota   +1y
smctoy, thanks for the visual. i should be able to do the same.

N2BNLow, imma try and do that this tomorrow. only thing is its rainin down here so it dont leave much of a rub mark if it washes it off..... ill try and see what i can clear out. thanks for the advice guys!
sd yota   +1y
well.... i took off them damn flappy, rubby, inner covers and man i got a whole lotta space! stopped rubbing entirely and i think they were just so loose in there that they hung down real far. plus the bolts that held em in didnt help much.....

smctoy   +1y
glad it all worked out!!
Page 1 of 1