Page 1 of 1
Toyota Pickup Projects \  N00b with 96 Tacoma Ext Cab

N00b with 96 Tacoma Ext Cab

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 1175
replies 4
following 2

xulf13   +1y
Hey Everyone, I'm here from Bscene as well. Moving over to the Toyota world I guess.
I have a 96 Tacoma in great condition, alredy lowered but bounces like crazy. I think the PO cut the springs, so it increase the bounce.

Anyhow. I only want to do a few things to it and figured someone on here can help.
I want to replace the stock steering wheel. It currently has Airbag in it, but I don't care for it. My concern is the Cruise control lever that is on the steeringwheel itself. I want to keep the cruise control feature and wanted to know if anyone had swaped steering wheels and relocated the cruise control somehow.

The other thing I want to do is keep the truck lowered (static drop) but reduce the bounce and make it handle better. I hear there aren't drop spindles for these trucks, how are the lowering coil srings they sell? will that stop all the bounce? (my shocks are new, just in case you were wondering) or will I need to get the whole DJM lowering kit with the control arms etc?

Well, i guess that's it for my questions. Thanks in advance.
2thpic   +1y
xulf13   +1y

Thanks man I really apreciate that. I think that If i get the 2" lowering springs to replace the cut up springs I have and add these spindles then I'll be good to go.

Not to relocate the cruise control and swap my steering wheel.......
2thpic   +1y
As fare as the steering wheel i have no ideas on that.
If it was me i would start with a big hammer and then go from there. lol
xulf13   +1y
Ha, no doubt. I want a smaller Grant steering wheel, but I like the cruise control lever, but that can wait. I now have to also fix the rear river side window on the ext cab. a rock got picked up by the riding mower and launched it onto the truck shattering the glass.
I'll check some of the photos of peoples rides and see what they have done as far as steering wheels go.
Page 1 of 1