Page 1 of 1
Toyota Pickup Projects \  Leroy

Leroy

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 1256
replies 8
following 4

predracer   +1y
Hey guys. I'm pretty much new here. I registered and then forgot I did lol So I figured i'd start a build thread for my truck. This is copied from another site.

So I picked her up about two years ago. It's a 1980 Toyota Pickup SR5 with the almighty 90 horse 20r. I'm pretty sure it wasn't even making that much though.

thread post photo

thread post photo

First night it was home the rear got lowered 3 inches. Ignore the tires, they got painted with the wheel since they were getting replaced the next day.

thread post photo

I cleaned it up and rode around like that for a while. I was just happy to have a clean-ish gas sipper for the time.

thread post photo

Then i got the front down level with the rear

thread post photo

Then i went a little lower

thread post photo

New headlight buckets and corners

thread post photo

Then the BBS's :goodjob:

thread post photo

thread post photo

Trying to get a little closer to being flush

thread post photo

New grill

thread post photo

Buff and wax

thread post photo

Then lowered the rear some more. Yes I know the fender is a shade off and it sits uneven now. I can't go any lower in the front without drop spindles which are coming this month.

thread post photo

Then I had an idea... I couldn't make the fit though

thread post photo

So this is where i am as of yesterday. The motor crapped out on me So I figured it was time start on my swap i've been talking about forever now. Throwing out the 20r in favor of a fresh 99 original mile 2rz. It was flipped two days after it was bought in 96. A family member gave it to me. I've never seen this swap done in a 80 so i'm going to give it a shot. I've got pretty much all my turbo stuff aside form the turbo. Mani is in the works and i'm using alot off of my 240. So here's the pics of the motor swap progress. Stay tuned for more updates later this week i'm sure.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
predracer   +1y
Alright got the motor and tranny mounts made today. It's where it is going to stay now so I can start on the oil pan. I might be able to just section the factory one but we'll see. Here's some good pictures finally so ya'll can see whats going on.

thread post photo

thread post photo

The best part is that it all fits under the hood... barely. I was kind of worried about it, but we're good.

thread post photo

thread post photo
predracer   +1y
So I made negative progress last weekend. I didn't like my motor mounts so I started over from scratch. They were super ugly and I just wasn't happy with them. So these are the new ones. They're made out of scrap steel so once again i'll make some better looking ones but this is the final design.

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

Also started on the oil pan. I'm just sectioning the stock 20r pan and using the 2rz flange. Once I finish that up and mod the oil pickup I'll start on the wiring. Shouldn't be much longer now. I'm getting excited lol

thread post photo
burnzya   +1y
nice ashton!

can't wait to see a vid when ya get it turbo'd and running
1time   +1y

Nice Wheels!!!!!!!

Are they RX7 BBS???

How did you make them fit???????
predracer   +1y
I'm not sure if that's what they were originally on. I got them straight out a container from japan. The tires don't even have dot numbers. I have a buddy who ships stuff here to sell. But they fit perfect.
predracer   +1y
And thanks bernie I'll have some drifting videos up as soon as I get her going.
1time   +1y
Any updates/how's this coming along?
vegasyota94   +1y
fly high, drive low
Page 1 of 1