threads
Page 1 of 1
Toyota Pickup Projects \  My First Mini Project .....

My First Mini Project .....

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 1025
replies 7
following 5

aussie-84lux   +1y
Hi guys im new to this site and to building Mini trucks but im gonna attempt my first project . i picked up my new toy for a reasonable price of $150 Aus . basically for now i just wanna lower it until i can save up for bags , i dont really have much money to throw at it so im doin it all on a budget , a mate of mine gave me the idea of a " Rat-Lux" but i dunno lol ....
fo far i have purchased
* whitewall tyres
* matt back paint
* chrome front grill and bumper (84-86)
*extended shifter
*euro taillights
* new battery
* new fuel filter
*new spark plugs
*changed oil and filter
ok so here are a few pictures of it now , i plan to take pics of all the modifications as i go along and also welcome and IDEA'S AND TIPS so please feel free
ok picture time
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

im keen to hear your input and ideas guys .... throw them at me !!!!!
smctoy   +1y
Awesome project & you guys are so lucky to have rhd too lol!! Well if not too sure how big it is of a mod over there with you guys, but a big thing here is to swap out the front fenders & bed/tray off that off that of a 4x4 truck! To me it looks bad ass & it gives you more of a flare as well, plus it gives you more room for when you decide to go with rims. Here are a few pics of some here in the states...

thread post photo

4wd bed & 2wd front fenders
thread post photo

4wd fenders & bed
thread post photo

longbed with 4x4 front & rear as well
aussie-84lux   +1y
Hey thanks for the reply , why do you guys love the Right hand drive ? because its uncommon over there ?
yes i know about the 4wd gaurds i wanna eventually put some 4wd guards on it .... also guys what motors can go into this model with no problems i wanna stick with a toyota engine if possible .....
thanks for ur time
smctoy   +1y
Rhd is very cool lol! Im planning to do that to my truck when I have it body dropped this winter. As for motor swaps then if your wanting to stay with Toyota then I would say got with a Supra or Lexus engine. I know that alot of your fellow Aussies do these swaps. If you havent checked out this site ( ) then get by there. Its a great site for info, pics & really cool people!
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
99.9% of the cars here come factory as left hand drive... do doing a rhd swap it tits here....
aussie-84lux   +1y
smctoy , thanks on the heads up about downunder ..... i think i have found the motor that is going into my lux , its not toyota its a 3.8 litre v6 out of a holden commodore there is a guy i found that does the conversion , supplies motor for under a $1000 ... so i dunno yet ill keep ya posted on tha motor choice

i also picked up a cheap set of pajero rims to put on it there 17 inch

ok well im off to do some more work so ill keep you guys posted
macdave06   +1y
equivalent to the buick 3.8 here probably. nice motor. do they offer the supercharged one there?
baha   +1y
Looks good man, the body looks perfect!
Page 1 of 1