Page 1 of 5
Toyota Pickup Projects \  Redoing a so called shops work

Redoing a so called shops work

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 5437
replies 46
following 15

draginrunner   +1y
Here is a truck that got bagged by a shop that I'm redoing. These pictures are of it before.
thread post photo

The lower bag mounts
thread post photo

Lower link tabs
thread post photo

thread post photo

After I cut the rear frame off
thread post photo

Notches I made
thread post photo

New frame
thread post photo

Lower link tacked in with the Catilever center pivot.
thread post photo

I'll have more updates here shortly
Post was last edited on Nov 13, 2009 06:11. This post has been edited 1 times.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
man..... awesome recovery... im sure the owner will be proud...
macdave06   +1y
factory trailing arms for link bars? First time I've seen anyone do that, but I guess it'd work
draginrunner   +1y

Thats what he wanted. They are off a Nissan pathfinder. As long as it cycles properly. He wanted me to run them reversed so that he can keep his gas tank in the stock location.
macdave06   +1y
yeah obviously theyre strong enough if theyre used in the same fashion on an OEM setup. Kind of a neat idea.
draginrunner   +1y
Yeah it is. Plus it saves him money not having to buy or me build the links. This is definitly a new one for me.
yodaforce   +1y
Doesn't look like a "shops" work, more like a hillbilly with a stick welder. How could an owner pick up their ride with a job like that? I would've knocked out some teeth and left with my money.
draginrunner   +1y
He trusted this guy. When he showed me the truck I was shocked that he had been driving it for a few months like that.
draginrunner   +1y
I got his bag mounts and upper bars tacked in place, and just one link tab on each side tacked, that way I can make the other side of the link tab fit perfectly.
thread post photo

thread post photo
yodaforce   +1y
Looks like you could use a sandblaster.