What to do?

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 781
replies 8
following 7

bigc9093   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

well i got hit case yall didn't notice. bad part is truck was parked! now need some input. should i put a bed side on it or get another bed and start fresh. also know that this bed already has full skin combo with supras
smctoy   +1y
Damn bro...that sucks!! Im not body man, but it sounds like either way is going to be a lot of work! Are you planning to do the work or have someone else/shop do it cause then I would say go with whats cheapest, but If it were me then Id most likely put a whole new bed on it.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
im thinking it will be more cost and time affective to just replace the side... maybe just that part of the side that is damaged... i've seen 4wd metal graphed in place of the 2wd metal... and didn't cut the entire bed side....
2thpic   +1y
if it was me i would re-skin it, but that all depends on what you got and what you know. on the other hand if you can find a bed with little to no rust for cheep then go that route.
stll2hi   +1y
Agreed, bed sides alone can get pricey. You're best bet would be to fix that spot or find a bed in somewhat decent shape.
truck action   +1y
There's a great body repair technique called the Friction System,that will leave a very well repaired area with very little body filler. Goggle it for more info!
I watched it demonstrated @ a Goodguys show,unbelievable is all I can say!
And it has been around for 20 + years!
layedout72   +1y
Did the guy stop and let you know? Did you guys claim insurance and all? If so.......I would go the most expensive route. Dude should have been paying attention.
2thpic   +1y
true
bigc9093   +1y
Yeah I knew right when it happened it was sitting at his house! Its a good friend of mine so I didn't go the insurance route. It really sucks cause I have so much time and money in the bed. Now my truck just sits in the garage until I figure out what to with it.
Page 1 of 1