Page 1 of 1
Toyota Pickup Projects \  project rebirth

project rebirth

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 1191
replies 6
following 3

collins94   +1y
ok so iv been on here for a while i just havnt made a build up thread for my truck just because it wasnt mine if you understand what i mean but now that i have defined this truck from someone elses designs im goin to make a build up thread....,.. ok so here is what i started with the truck was featured in sport truck of 2006 the owner was from indy

Year/make/model:
'94 Toyota Hilux

Engine/drivetrain:
2.4L 22R-E SOHC FI I-4 / manual five-speed transmission / K&N FIPK
BY: Brad Blair

Rims:
Front & Rear: 17x7-inch Enkei Showguns with painted lip

Tires:
Front & Rear: Kumho 205/40R17 ECSTA MX

Suspension:
Front: 2-inch drop spindles / modified A-arms / Firestone 255 air springs
Rear: Pete & Jake's four-link / Firestone 224 air spring
Accessories: 3/8-inch Air Ride Technologies manual air valves / 3/8-inch DOT air line / two 3-gallon air tanks / two Firestone 337 air compressors
Chassis: Z'd frame / step notch / custom transmission crossmember / rear frame modified for the stock gas tank
BY: Gerry Rose in Cincinnati, Ohio

Body Mods:
Shaved door handles, gas door, antenna, air vents and body seams on back of cab, inner door-lock pulls, tailgate, taillights, tailgate handle, wiper cowl / molded roll pan and Cadillac taillights / 3-1/2-inch body drop / 4x4 front fenders, bumper, and valance / custom-made 34x23-inch sliding rag top
BY: Brad Blair / Josh Bryant / Josh Alvey

Custom Paint:
PPG Hot Hues Hot Rod Black / DuPont '07 Ford Merlot Red / House of Kolor Red Metalflake
BY: Josh Bryant

Interior:
Toyota Paseo bucket seats covered in black tweed / custom-made casket dash and center console, color-matched to exterior / door panels wrapped in black silk / black loop carpet / custom-made chain steering wheel and shifter / Faze temp and fuel gauges
BY: Brad Blair

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

what it started like when i got it

thread post photo

thread post photo

now my changes so far........

4runner grill and headlights
thread post photo

thread post photo

stripped nasty interior

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

so i have a question about the dash should i two tone it with fabric and paint i thought about making the bottom part of the dash from the body line down brown suede and the top same as exterior color.. let me know what you think :waytogo:
baha   +1y
I love this truck! If it were me I would probably wrap the whole thing in fabric but thats just me, I'm getting burnt out on seeing painted dashes They are undeniable though.
collins94   +1y
i thought about that but im doing the interior in black tweed and and this tan leather that is cross hatched like a wicker basket. and tweed for some reason makes everything look bulky when it is wrapped in it

i bought my paint also its a honda color its maroon 300 for a gallon!!!! i got oak wood for a wood floor bed i just need to find a slim five gallon tank to finish the air ride

im buying some 18'' enkie wheels chrome 5 spoke
baha   +1y
Yeah paint isn't cheap that was for single stage to right?
collins94   +1y
no that is for nason full base the cheaper dupont paint its a base coat clear coat i havnt bought clear or reducer yet because the paint itself was so expensive and red paint is always more expensive than the rest of paint

no reason to buy chromabase paint because im painting the whole truck chromabase is good for blending and its really really expensive but it sprays awesome. the nason sprays good too i just like dupont paint.
vegasyota94   +1y
loooking goood
collins94   +1y
ok well it does not look like the same truck anymore the only thing that is going to defy this truck still is the hole in the hood because i havnt dropped the motor yet it will be at unleashed 09 with the new look and i cant wait just look for a toyota with the words " The Hangar" on the door.
Page 1 of 1