Page 1 of 1
Toyota Pickup Projects \  Rear disk

Rear disk

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 1102
replies 4
following 4

truck action   +1y
Well trying to get this mod done this winder. Want to use a single piston caliper w/ parking brake from Wilwood,but the price is going to keep me from that for now($227 ea). So will use the GM 79-85 Caddy calipers w/ parking brake. Just ordered a set w/ pads New,off E-Bay $138 shipped.
Have the brackets from Skybrake ($70), for use w/ GM calipers. Cable will be from Lokar( will get the weekend @ the GoodGuys show),& the rotors ,drilled/slotted SVO 11.32"/0.95 thickness will come from brakeplanet.com ($86 for the pr.)
Will post photo's once I get going on the install!!
hydroyota   +1y
nice when your done you can do mine lol
lux boy   +1y
I'm in the possess of doing a rear disc brake conversion on my lux also!! Yet over here in aus we use MA70 toyota supra calipers, disc and hubs which is great as it still keeps it all toyota! A guy over here sells the adaption plates yet you still have to bore out the centre of the discs from 60mm to 67mm to fit over the hub! All up with everything it has cost me $200au for the conversion! Which is a pretty cheap mod if you ask me!
truck action   +1y
Yes ,way less money!
But than I'm in Calif.,everything is more!
m_i_zombie   +1y
Why not use 84-86 mustang SVO rotors and brakes for the rear. Same bolt pattern and the hub opening should be the same. You would have to make the bracket since most places make them for using chevy equipment. Something like this actually pretty reasonable for a kit
Page 1 of 1