Toyota Pickup Projects \  Vintage Iron Project

Vintage Iron Project

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 13510
replies 78
following 28

hammerd   +1y
Hello YotaScene!
I've been lurking here for a while, and decided to finally register and post.
Thought some of you might be interested in a project a buddy and I have been working on.
It's a '74 Hilux my friend actually bought when it was practically new. Yes...we're old guys. I had a '75 Hilux with a 9" chop, but that's another story.
Anyway, he bought this truck and used it as a daily driver and truck run ride for several years before life caught up and he parked it. By that time he had put in the SBC and we chopped the top. He also put it on a '78 frame and a put in a narrowed Ford 9" rear end..
About a year and a half ago we pulled it out of storage (outside in the desert under a pile of garbage basically) and started on it again. We started with a new roof, because the old one had been used as a trampoline. From there we continued with the body mods and repairs. We also rewired the entire truck and most recently began bagging it. We're just finishing up the front now, then we'll plumb and wire everything. It should lay frame if our calculations are correct.
Here's a quick look at some of the work:

oldsklminitrk   +1y
FUCK!...........lol I really dig that mofo....that is a sweet biatch.....now all ya need is the Chevota badges...thats a clean ass project and looks great
twisted minis   +1y
Well, the work looks really good.
m_i_zombie   +1y
fanfuckingtabulous, lets hear it for the old guys. Thats some mighty fine work you gents have done there. Keep the updates coming on this.
phatboislim   +1y
that is...what mi zombie said..that is hott to say the least
laidout94toy   +1y
Damn Nice work!
baha   +1y
Very nice work man! I can't wait to see more, what color do you plan on painting it? yellow?
kdcgrohl   +1y
wow, theres a toyota under there. cool, looks like a lotta work.
ocb_dave_ocb   +1y
Looks good man.. Lots of work in that truck... Bed looks like an old GMC bed..LOL lets see more pics...
twisted minis   +1y

I'm pretty sure its off of a Chevy Luv.

Similar style of truck. A few Luvs came stock with those beds.