Page 1 of 2
Toyota Pickup Projects \  engine bay pics

engine bay pics

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 1255
replies 11
following 6

chopedmazda   +1y
i want to see how everyone relocated everything so if you could post pics that would help me out alot thnx
smctoy   +1y
Its nothing fancy, but this is what I did on my truck. I moved the battery to the bed & the fuse box under the hood is now sitting where the battery was, but closer to the headlight. I moved the ignition coil to the inside of the inner fender well & then I mounted the ps reservoir to the lower/front part of the inner fender well. Here are few pics to help...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
2thpic   +1y
Did you have to cut so much out of your finders to clear the tires?
layedout72   +1y
yah, thats why. and he really didn't cut that much. I am hoping to have mine completely gone.
toylowta   +1y

2thpic   +1y
i'm asking cuz before i start cutting mine i'm worried about all the dirt, water, mud, ect. getting all over my motor and most of all on the breather and cloging up the carb. i dont have a welder to fab in bigger finder wells so i need the hole as small as possable but anuf to clear the tires.

On the flip side i do have a rivit run and rivits...................lol
layedout72   +1y
are you bagged? if not, dont cut. if you are....do it and pay someone to throw some fenders in. if your not bagged and your rubbing, grab smaller tires. your motor is going to get dirty regardless and its not gunna get in the carb unless you go mudding.
2thpic   +1y
cool thanks for the input. so i guess i'll save up the cash for some tires then go from there. in the end i plan on being bagged but the cash is not there, so static is where i lay right now.
chopedmazda   +1y
thnx guys. what did you do with the wiring harness
toylowta   +1y
all my wiring harnesses run down the frame rails then into the cab