Page 1 of 2
Toyota Pickup Projects \  New to the Forum

New to the Forum

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 1784
replies 11
following 5

phatboislim   +1y
sup im new to the forum but ive had my truck for 4 yrs. 'u already know what it is' 88 yota p/u. not too much done cuz i jus got the truck in my name so my mom cant say anything now.

2inch drop (used blocks and torsion bars)
18in masitaly shadow 235/40/18
kenwood 5028 deck
2 jbl 5-1/4" custom door
2 tweeter(dont know da name)
2 jensen 4" (soon to be replacin they r shot)

here are some pics, crappy phone pics but here they are:

drop

drop

on da 18s

dats me for now. any tips on taking off the decals would be helpful currently ive been doing windex and razor blade but thats getting old real quick.
3in2out   +1y
Razorblade on paint...thats scary...Try some wd-40 or goo gone, helps break up the adhesive better.

Welcome to the site btw, good to have ya here!
phatboislim   +1y
yea my paint has about had it anyway but i already got battle scars from da razor blade on da truck hopefully the 3m scratch remover will remove some of the scratches or at least not make em that obvious till i get it painted. thanks for the greeting
johnny5   +1y
hey man try a heat gun or hair dryer, the heat will actually melt the glue so the decals come right off
phatboislim   +1y
yea ive tried that only thing it soften was my credit card i was usin to help to get da striping off
phatboislim   +1y
any ideas for da truck anyone have?? anything at all im open 2 opinions i wana do something new anyway
oldsklminitrk   +1y
Get a block eraser that goes on a die grinder and zip it will be gone.......owww btw welcome
phatboislim   +1y
sorry if i sound retarded but what is a block eraser?? where do i get it from??
86yota   +1y
get an electric sander, sand the whole truck, primer it, then get it painted. will save the person painting it time if it is already primered, and saves you money.
phatboislim   +1y
thats already in the plans but for right now i need to know what a block eraser is otherwise trying to sand off those vinyl blocks will give me the devil