Page 1 of 2
Toyota Pickup Projects \  1980 hi lux

1980 hi lux

Toyota Pickup Projects
views 3244
replies 19
following 6

blackls1   +1y
Can anyone post some pics of late 70s to 1980 toyota trucks?
If there is already a oldschool post sorry. I don't get but just a few minutes to get on the net at work.
What kind of options were there back then.
Long bed? Short bed? Did 4x4 have different fenders and such?
Thanks guys.
blackls1   +1y
Anyone?
twisted minis   +1y
Standard Cab only. Short and long bed. All came with the same bed, 4WD had rubber trim bolted to the fender. But had bigger flares in the front. On 79-83 at least. You can graft front fenders to the bed. Thats what I plan on doing. They came mostly with 20R motors, until 1981. They mostly came with 5 speeds, some had 4. Few had buckets, all have a 4 piece rear window that looks retarded.
blackls1   +1y

Thanks for the info dude.
Got any pics. I have been on streetsourcemag looking for pics and find some. Not many.

I'm trying to decide between a late 70s chevy LUV or a Toyota
twisted minis   +1y
I have an 80. I like the body lines its got. It's not much to look at now, but someday I'd liek it to look something like this:

Looks like this right now:

Notice the stupid 4-piece window. It's cool for 4WD guys, but I have to find a way to get a 1-piece in there.

I like the LUVs. I think, my next mini will be a pre 75 LUV. I love their body lines, and the fact that they're smog exempt. So, I'd probably drop a small block in it.
I like this LUV, with a Yota motor (it's a '74):
thread post photo

I like this one too.
thread post photo

thread post photo

Grant did this Toyota up too.

I think it's an '80. Same body style as mine, which ran from 79-83. Bob did the extended cab conversion, with an 84-88 window. They didn't come that way.
calislowest   +1y
what ever happened to brad's yota? i know he sold it but has anyone seen it around??
twisted minis   +1y
No idea Matt. Tried to get in touch with him about it, but never heard back... Would be cool to actually see it.
3in2out   +1y

That X-cab looks like a photoshop. Looks like the front end and flares they have on the red blazer they did.
twisted minis   +1y
It's because those are the same flairs... Those are stock, on 4WD. And the rear flairs on the same, cut from 4WD fenders and welded on. And, here's proof it's not a Photoshop.

twisted minis   +1y
BTW, the "Red Blazer" is a Toyota. They grafted on an S10 roof to Bobs truck after it got wrecked.
thread post photo