Page 2 of 2
Max Projects \  engine swaps

engine swaps

Max Projects
views 13442
replies 18
following 9

gringo3825   +1y
JMB has already made a GM adapter plate, use a flywheel from an automatic neon along with the starter and have my trans guy custom make me a 9" converter to match, or I can just get a liberty bellhousing with a 92 supra 5 speed and it all bolts up will just need to have the center section of the clutch disc changed out. Will have an easy 500whp MM just need to make some money this year, last year killed me.
sleeps   +1y
Cool. I dont understand how you have 400whp in an untuned car that from the factory makes less than 280hp? And thats not to the wheels. But whatever works I suppose.

A 500hp mighty max is a big number fo such a small light truck. Why so much? Braging rights?
gringo3825   +1y
My car current mod list:
GT35R
PNP Race head
Race ported Intake
Full 3" exhaust
AEM EMS
Crower Stage 2 cams
Adjustable cam gears
JE pistons
Eagle rods
750cc RC injectors
Walbro 255
62mm MPx TB
AGP race intercooler
Turbo eboost2 boost controler
38mm Turbonetics Evolution WG
AEM 5bar map
Stage 4 6puck Clutchmaster clutch
400whp on 14psi untuned currently.

Well around here 400whp is just the normal. So to stand out you need 600+. My current setup will get me to 500whp easy. The new parts I am going to be bolting on will get me to 700+whp.
sleeps   +1y
Well there is the problem, you say untuned but your rocking a whole other ECU set up. You mean, not a very precise tune. Hows that FWD treating you with those numbers?

You have a dyno to show those HP numbers or is it a guess for the mods you have? Not being sarcastic at all, just honestly. Its a expensive list of parts you have, good quality stuff though.
gringo3825   +1y
I say untuned because I am running a base startup map with some modification to the fuel map. I have my old dyno sheet, lost my last one. Was suppose to do another dyno day last saturday but got caught up in buying my 91 MM. Previous sheet:
thread post photo

Video of Brian Crower Stage 3 cams on base timing map on 14psi boost: 374hp 350tq

thread post photo

I now have my boost controller in am running 20psi on Crower stage 2 cams which are way bigger then BC3 cams.
So no I am not guessing.
gringo3825   +1y
The FWD is not that bad being that my turbo takes so long to spool I don't get that instant power, comes on nice and smooth and pulls really hard on the top end.
capev86   +1y
my buddy had an '03 Srt-4 awhile back with a stage 1 kit. a stock bad boy neon might not be an evo, but it is a mean machine. the neon/pt cruiser 2.0 and 2.4 block shares its basic architecture with the old k car 2.2/2.5 (but starter is on opposite side of block). the dimensions (bore and stroke) are very similar to the mitsu 2.0 and 2.4 respectively. then you have the hyundai world engine 2.4 (piece of junk) and people are easily confused 'cause chrysler used that in the caliber instead of running the pt cruiser 2.4 n/a.

an srt-4 power plant in a d50/mm had crossed my mind. but you had the same problem with any other non-mitsu based swap, you have to custom fab to install it. there is a dodge/jeep rwd trans and bell housing that will fit the neon/pt engines.

gringo3825   +1y
I believe the modifications really would be minor, we on the SRT forums have pretty much solve all of the starter tranny option problems and modifications. Here is a link to an SRT-4 motor in a fox body.
mighty_baldwin   +1y
I was looking to do a 6 bolt 4g63 turbo swap in my 1995 Mighty Max. I was also wondering about the 4B11T MiVEC out of the Evo X. Does anybody know if you can swap the 4B11T into the mighty max? Any help would be greatly appreciated!