Page 1 of 1
Max Exterior \  CLEAR CORNERS!

CLEAR CORNERS!

Max Exterior Max Tech
views 1114
replies 3
following 2

808gunner   +1y
to buy these corner lights for my ram 50 but dont want the chrome. i wanna know what kind of paint i should use and how to paint the chrome part from preping to the final coat.the reason is because i cant find any clear corners with black triming.
droppedmitsu   +1y
Where did you find those clear corners? They don't look like the cheap chinese ebay ones?

Anyways, to prep just mask off the lenses, sand the chrome down so it is dull or gone with like some 320 sandpaper. then clean them with soap and water, some good primer, then paint and clear/.
808gunner   +1y
just a random pic i found on google images.do u know of any particular brand of paint and primer i should use and after sanding it with 320 do i have to sand it with a 1000 or 2000 grit to smooth it out.
droppedmitsu   +1y
Thanks I looked at the image url and found the site, they dont have prices or a maker of the lenses though.

Anyways I always use the engine spray paint from the auto stores because it holds up the best from what I've found. Actually use 400 or so and no I dont sand after, you want something for the primer to bite onto, it is plastic after all. But I am by no means a professional painter so take what I said for what its worth.
Page 1 of 1