Page 1 of 2
Max Exterior \  GMC 6 Lug questions.

GMC 6 Lug questions.

Max Exterior Max Tech
views 4336
replies 10
following 6

sleeps   +1y
Got these wheels from a yukon. Supposedly they are 16x7. My eyes may decieve me but when test fitting them on the truck 2 problems arose.
1: Obviously the center bore needs to be widened. I heard of this going into them, but these wheels are flat for the lug nuts, mine are acorned to center the wheel.
2: The spacing looks to be way to tight. They are not flush on the hub yet and they almost touch the front upper ball joint.

Spacers > bore ?

What are you guys running with your GM 6 lug wheels?

Pics of wheels...
dazednconfuzed   +1y
idk about spacing and bore but these are the gmc style im running on mine. they are 17x7.5 and they mounted right up no prob.even with the larger tires as to keep rims safe.they only rub at full turn. heres pics with them on the truck.and im using the acorn style lug nuts.

$(KGrHqF,!icE3W,6F-HuBN3ZjgsitQ~~0_12.JPG

thread post photo
qballd50   +1y
They Look Sweet!!
How Much Did You Pay For them?(rims)
sleeps   +1y
Me or him? Mine were $80 for all 4.

I dont know how yours just bolted on. The middle hub bore is to big and hits the "tabs" on the front hub. Were yours cut or ground down?

PS: Dazed: What size tires are you running on them right now. They look big. Ha ha.
nate10   +1y
i ground down the front hubs where the little nubs r at an i took the studs on in the back an started the truck an let it idle in 2nd an took a 9 inch grinder to the back hubs to make them flush it took about 30 mins todo the back an i have o3 chevy rims
dazednconfuzed   +1y
i ground down the tabs no boreing was needed. they are off an 07. tires r 225/65 17s i have some ruff roads i drive on so i dont want to damage the rims so i kept the sierra factory size tire. plus since all i have is 2'' lowering in the back it would look kinda funny with low pros. with big gaps between tire and wheel. the bigger tires kinda fill in the space and it dont look so goofy lol.
dazednconfuzed   +1y
they were like $700 due to being newer take offs.
nate10   +1y
look at my pics i ground my hubs down
aorolfo   +1y
i am on 25mm spacers and ive had no problem with mine,, n my stance looks pretty cool

used
thread post photo

to rock
thread post photo

these are for sale btw
aorolfo   +1y
i also had to get diff lugs as well