Page 1 of 1
Max Exterior \  tire size

tire size

Max Exterior Max Tech
views 1261
replies 6
following 3

payrion   +1y
on a 1991 MM, i have 17 inch caddy rims, whats a good width for the tires? It is static right now but will be bagged this winter... i was thinking 205/40/17 front...... 215/40/17 rear? good deals shipped to my door from tire rack.
92slammedmitsu   +1y
a 205/40/17 is about 3 inches smaller diameter than your stockers i would recommend runnnig a 215/55/17 if you want to keep the speedo acuarate....if not run what you have in your post but the speedo will be off by almost 8 mph

but keep in mind the smaller the tire the more you will feel every lil thing in the road but if your going for looks over comfort i would say the 205/40 ... IMO

heres a good site you can plug the numbers into and help you decide....
payrion   +1y
i just plugged the numbers in one lastnight and i think it will work out fine since its my wifes truck....it will show her going faster then she is!!!lol

my main concern was with the width of the front wheel. i should have said that but was in a hurry... I want to keep as much turning radius as possible after bagging it. my s10 rubs tons and im not sure about these beasts when bagged.
honlude   +1y
im running 205/40/17 on mine , i had to adjust the chamber in to clear the fenders with bags and bodydrop , and drop sprindles
92slammedmitsu   +1y
i would love to run a 235/40/18 on my navi's but i dont see them clearing the fenders unless i flare the shit out of them and i dont even think the fenders will flare that much with out it looking funny..
payrion   +1y
what about the rear... would a 225 fit in there without problems? or should i stick with a 205 there as well? I know it will fit now but i dont want to re buy tires after we bag this bitch.
92slammedmitsu   +1y
i would stick with a 205 the back is as well
Page 1 of 1