Page 1 of 1
Max Exterior \  PRIMER HELP!!!

PRIMER HELP!!!

Max Exterior Max Tech
views 1197
replies 4
following 5

castaneda8   +1y
Guys I am looking to primer my truck a different color. White is very nice except it gets dirty and fingerprints and etc become so visible. It's annoying. I'm not quite what color to lean towards. I dont want to paint it yet because I know I am going to bag it or get it bagged here in the next year and I would be a waste. I know what my paint scheme is going to be but as for primer I am not sure. I want something nice but nice costs just as much as a cheap paint job. So I want to go spray can but need suggestions on colors. Anybody? Thanks ahead of time.
pennyman1   +1y
check out the duplicolor ready mixed line of paint and primers- its lacquer and inexpensive. Or PPg has an inexpensive line of paint and primers called omni.
honlude   +1y
omni line is now called shopline from ppg , same product but new name
skittle   +1y
Check out carquest, most stores have a full paint supply. Just get a gallon of high build sandable primer. (eurithane or lacure you decide). You can also get a pint of white sealer that they can "tint" so it will look like you have a color'd primer.

I bought a gallon of primer and gallon of reducer for $50. I did my Zed and still have 1/2 a gallon left. Once I get my Z running I'll put the truck in the garage and spray it as well so its one uniform color (previous owner spraypainted with cheap black paint).
metalbender1   +1y
if your going to leave your truck under primer for a long time i would STRONGLY suggest a epoxy primer as regular primer attracts moisture and moisture = rust. as far as the color if you go with a white or light gray epoxy primer you can add a little bit of paint to tint it to a color you like. napa offers sherwin williams paints which most will tint for you when you buy it and the cost is around $100.00 a gallon so seal it up and forget about it. i sealed up a dime i have about 7 years ago it sits outside in rain and snow and still hasnt rusted so itll be ready when i get around to doin the mods on it and making it a driver again. just my 2 cents worth
Page 1 of 1