Page 2 of 2
Max Suspension \  Please Help

Please Help

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 3388
replies 16
following 2

alan   +1y
If you still have the cut springs in the front right now you will not need a coil spring compressor. With the truck on jackstands under the frame, try to move the springs. If they can be moved, it will be safe to take the suspension apart without the spring flying out. If you are unsure and want to be on the safe side, put a jack under the balljoint and jack it up till it touches. The jack will support the control arm while you break the balljoint loose. Then, let the jack down slowly to release the spring.
castaneda8   +1y
Ok, Thanks man. I actually already have the cut springs off. I was wondering if I am going to need a coil compressor for the new lowering springs. My truck is on jacks now and I am just waiting for those springs to get here. Excited! =)
alan   +1y
You won't need a coil spring compressor for the lowering springs. When you put them in place, just put a jack under the balljoint and jack it up enough to put the castle nut back on.
castaneda8   +1y
Ok. Sounds like it's going to be easy than. I have helped my friend do it before and have watched somebody do it. I am excited to see how low my truck turns out and finally feel a descent ride.
castaneda8   +1y
Ok, So I finally got and installed the lowering springs. It seems as if the Mighty max lowering springs do fit the d50 just fine. I haven't gone out driving yet but it does seem stiffer, lower and like I have more control. That's just my assumptions fron driving it up and down the driveway lol. I am having my Z71's bored and they should be ready and on my truck with some low-pros by monday or tuesday. I am really excited to finally have my truck back down off jacks and it's starting to look like it has promise. I have to finish sanding and primering the bed. I have an appointment to go install the solid one piece back window with either 5% or 20% tint. I also need to install my stereo lol. It's looking good. I will take pictures on either monday or tuesday when the Z71's are on. Thanks alot guys.
castaneda8   +1y
Hey, So I finally got my new z71's on and new tires. I am getting an alignment tomorrow and I will take pics to put up online here soon. Thanks for the help guys.
castaneda8   +1y
Hey guys, I forgot how to add pics. Please someone tell me how