threads
Page 2 of 2
Max Suspension \  Is this a good beginner kit?

Is this a good beginner kit?

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 2770
replies 16
following 4

denraweb   +1y
yea I guess I need to see the pics to understand more so. Again no truck to look at so no idea lol. But what if a plate is fabbed up to protect the steering arm/box and all that so it doesnt get damaged? Would that be a good thing to put time into?
d3v1ns d50   +1y
A plate to protect any of the steering would be below the frame which would keep the frame from laying out completely.
denraweb   +1y
Yea I guess pictures will let me see whats going on here.

Anyways, I found another kit. This time from x2industries. They only had a 3/8" kit so I emailed them and they put an option to upgrade all parts necessary to 1/2" parts. I did return another email and was asking about an upgrade option for the bags, compressor, and switch box. And they already have an option to upgrade the c-notch to the $179 notch for only $79. Seeing as I'm gonna be doing a 200+Psi set up, and I want it to lay frame, I wanted to start with a good base and upgrade as needed. Better to at least get the bags upgraded so I dont have to ever change those out. As for the compressor, the kit comes with a dc5000 1/2hp compressor. Which I think will be fine for now as I'm not gonna be getting a bigger tank just yet. But I asked anyway about adding the upgrade option for the dc7500. Also this kit will be used for bag on bar Well here's the link. Any help is appreciated.

Also this guy wrote me back in 1 day... Super fast. AIM/Airbagit.com still has not wrote me back in over a week.
pstlwppd25   +1y
The kit really doesnt say what quality of parts it has. ie no 4 link specifications like diameter or wall thickness, what kind of valves and bags. And the kit looks like its for bag on axle not bag on bars. It has axle bag brackets. Just be sure of what your buying. Ask for specifications on the parts. Why do you want a 200 psi system? If you just want them to be fast bags thats not really needed. And if you want them to be real fast you can run a nitrogen tank later on, But you dont wanna skimp on quality bars, bags and valves, cheap ones are cheap and will break down. No matter what your gonna have to weld and modify a good bit on these trucks theres really no way around it. Slow50 has some good photos of a rear bag over bar setup that is reliable and effective. keep doin your homework i think your on the right track.
denraweb   +1y
Yea I actually scrapped the ebay kit as the seller wouldn't return my emails. So I went looking around again, and found this

At first it was just a 3/8" kit, but I emailed them and they added an option to upgrade everything to 1/2" kit as you can see.

I did email them again but this time asking about upgrading other parts. I wanted to go with the denominator II bags (still have lifetime warranty as the standard ones) and also upgrading to the dc7500 compressor. I'm waiting for an email back on that as I just sent it out this evening. Reason I'm trying to keep it as a kit through them is because all the stuff i want seperately will be close to $2000. For example, the c notch alone is $179, but if you use the upgrade option and include it, its only $79. Thats $100 off that can be invested elsewhere.

As for the 200+psi, yea I want a fast system, and so far everyone has told me/agreed that I would need a 200psi system to be fast. If I can avoid using nitrogen, then I would like to due to the fact that I don't want to have to put out more money every so often to fill up the tank with nitrogen.

But what do you guys think about this kit? Good buy if I can get them to have an upgrade option for the compressor and/or bags? Still a good buy without those things?

I'm trying to accomplish something similar to this...
slow50   +1y
check out my build thread i made upper cups that bolt in. as far as the air kit it looks like you wont be able to use all that like the cups and that notch will be too small to lay frame. as far as pie cuts go look at my thread youll see how it works you just cut a notch out of the side of the upper control arms then jack the suspension up and it will bend it then weld it up. my truck lays in escalades and i dint have to pie cut the lowers. i personaly dont like the kits people sell especially with a d50 because theres not much made for these trucks.
denraweb   +1y
Well I don't think the cups come with that particular kit. I'm assuming the pics are for reference. The guy told me to let him know when I checkout what kinda of truck I'll be putting this on and they will send the brackets. The cups are for full size trucks. If you look at all 3 of their kits, they have similar pics. As for the notch, how big will I need? That's a 7" notch, I thought I would only need like 4-5"? Now I need to start looking around again lol.

And I'm going through your build thread right now lol. Thanks.