Page 2 of 3
Max Suspension \  5 lug conversion

5 lug conversion

Max Suspension Max Tech
views 9083
replies 20
following 11

pure insanity   +1y
are the yota spindles pretty close to the mm spindles physically. if so what about it you graft in the ball joint portion of the upper and lower control arm. with a little ingenuity, you can even build in a touch of drop right there as well as fix some of your camber angles. just be sure to keep your caster angles correct.
laidmits   +1y

THE GUY I'M GETTING THE STUFF FROM TOLD ME TO GET SOME TUBULAR ARMS FROM CUSTOM WERX. JUST HAVE THEM FIT IT WITH YOTA BALL JOINTS. BUT THAT'S SOMETHING I CAN'T AFFORD RIGHT KNOW.
mightymits   +1y
Ive got drop MM spindles and I put yota hubs on em no problem. Bearings are same as MM and I believe seals were a lil diff but i cant remember. You shift the caliper bracket like 1/16". I used Nissan Upper ball joints (they are beefy as hell) Thats about it
tandem   +1y
I was thinking about making new upper control arms and I need a bolt on ball joint. Are the Nissan joints bolt on? If so, what year did you use? I appreciate the help
dawgsledmazda   +1y
yes the Nissan HB upper balljoints are bolt in. they cost a grip but they do fit the MM spindle very well.

I have some laser cut Nissan upper balljoint plates. they cost about 12 bucks each. let me know if you need some.

these are the ones I use on my HB and MM upper tube arms.
jake   +1y

can we gets some confirmation on this. I've got a set of rims that I want to hold on to but now that I don't have my toyota... yeah.
fool on the hill   +1y
I've got a first gen (D50), does all this apply to them as well? I had been told the Toyota hub swap was a straight bolt on. I'm reading something different here; that I'd need aftermarket dropped spindles, which I'm assuming have a different spindle taper or something...
fool on the hill   +1y
Also got another question, what model Toyota pickup?
It appears Tandem's thread is gone; my 'puter keeps telling me it can't be found...
slow50   +1y
wow this is an old thread. check out minitruckin web site. they had a how to in one of thier issues a while ago. as for it only working on drop spindles i dont believe that at all. because when you buy drop spindles everything from the stock spindle bolts up just fine to the drop spindle. it would make much sence if it didnt. not sure on the first gen but i think it would work if i recall right last time i looked at a first gen suspension it looked the same as second gen. i could be wrong though its been a while.
slow50   +1y